Maracyn Treatment & Frys!!!??? Question

1. SmartStar Member Member

Hi, based on some respond to my previous post either a have columnaris and/or fungus in my tank (white fussy cotton like appearance, pic attach). Recommendation for it is Maracyn. Now, is Maracyn ok for prego fish? I'm pretty sure affected molly is prego and I don't want for the frys to be affected or get killed. I'm thinking about putting the infected fish in a 10g tank, do I need to put something specific in it? How about temperature, my tank is around 80's all the time do to the fact that I live in Puerto Rico and is always hot and humid, tank is place where it receive some of day light but I have curtains and sun is not direct, but still temp is always around that and fishes never complain, it concern me in case temp had something to do with proper treatment. Please anything always welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

aww poor thing ...I would put her in her own tank if you decide to treat her...the temp is fine....just a filter for the 10g as well as some plant cover if you have it? that way she wont feel so in the open...im not sure about how it will effect her fry but getting her better is the first step ....are any other fish showing signs of being sick? I hope she makes it!!

3. SmartStar Member Member

Shawnie, there is another one starting to get white areas, but the "raising slimy cotton look" just this one. The 10g tank is a a kit so yes it had the filter and everything that the kit includes and I also had some plants and ornaments that I can place in it, but I'm really concern about the frys and also when the treatment is done, if it work (cross my fingers it does) how does the transfer back to the main tank will work?

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

If other fish are showing signs of the same thing, maybe treating the entire tank is necessary? You will have to make that call :( I dont think anyone can tell you the fry will be ok with mom so sick. But I sure hope it works out!