Maracyn 2, double treatment? Help! (Balloon Molly)

keseyjo

Hi,

I've got a balloon molly with swim bladder disease. I've tried feeding him several peeled peas, he has no interest. I've also tried treating the tank with epsom salt for 3 days, with no improvement. I've just finished treating the tank with Maracyn 2 for 5 days, and he seems to be slightly better, but not completely well.

My question is, should I start another dose of the Maracyn 2? And if so, how should I go about doing that? Should I do a 25-50% water change first? Should I try a different medication? I just want him to get well and be his happy self again. =)

Thanks!! =D

Teishokue

maracyn II is typically for external bacterial infections, fin rot etc... maracyn I is typically for internal. I always dose maracyn I and II just in case. but as for swim bladder. if next you try maracyn I and it does not work, it might not be a bacterial infection. might be caused by bloating or other responses.

Mamajin

If the swim bladder has an infection then Maracyn 2 should help. The product directions say you can repeat the treatment once, but I can't tell if you're supposed to do a water change or not. Wait for others to chime in with more info about repeating treatment with this medication.

jdhef

I believe the instructions on the package explain what water changes need to be done.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• taf2778
  • Molly
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • TheNacho
  • Molly
Replies
Views
TheNacho
  • JABrown15