Help Maracyn 2 Dosage For Dropsy In One Gallon?

Emilyemz

Reaction score
Also, do I add the new medicine in the following days to the old stuff in the tank or do I empty it out and use new water and new medicine?? Basically wondering if I'm piling the dosages up in the same water or not? Thanks

Caligold

Reaction score
What did you end up doing ?
Were you successful..? How is your Betta now ?

I think my Betta has dropsy too and I just started Maracyn 2 on an almost 3 gallon tank with plants (he is the only fish there). I used about 2/3rds of one packet (first day).
Thanks.

Emilyemz

Reaction score
I ended up doing what it said in the FAQ section on their website. Mix 10 parts of water with one packet using a small medicine cup. And I used two cups of the mix the first day and one cup of the mix the rest of the days. I had no luck and it bloomed a lot of bacteria in my tank. Unfortunately my betta passed. I also used kanaplex afterwards which didn't cause a bacterial bloom so that might have worked better. I think next time I will stick to more natural remedies like Indian almond leaf and salt baths. My betta was also very far along in the dropsy which probably added to his chances of not surviving. I will do fewer salt baths with lower doses in the future. Hopefully I never have a betta with dropsy again though! My experience with maracyn 2 is making me not want to try using it again in the future. However it isn't always the same for everyone. I've seen people cure dropsy with the help of Maracyn 2 and I've also seen others with the same experience as me.

Caligold

Reaction score
I ended up doing what it said in the FAQ section on their website. Mix 10 parts of water with one packet using a small medicine cup. And I used two cups of the mix the first day and one cup of the mix the rest of the days. I had no luck and it bloomed a lot of bacteria in my tank. Unfortunately my betta passed. I also used kanaplex afterwards which didn't cause a bacterial bloom so that might have worked better. I think next time I will stick to more natural remedies like Indian almond leaf and salt baths. My betta was also very far along in the dropsy which probably added to his chances of not surviving. I will do fewer salt baths with lower doses in the future. Hopefully I never have a betta with dropsy again though! My experience with maracyn 2 is making me not want to try using it again in the future. However it isn't always the same for everyone. I've seen people cure dropsy with the help of Maracyn 2 and I've also seen others with the same experience as me.
Thank you... Now I'm a bit nervous....

Emilyemz

Reaction score
You might have a different experience with a different sized tank and maybe your fishes dropsy isn't as advanced. Just watch for signs it is making your betta worse and discontinue the use if it is!
Thank you... Now I'm a bit nervous....

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom