Manzanita driftwood

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Anybody order from manzanita driftwood.com? They confirmed an order 3 days ago but radio silence since and not responding to communication.
just curious on shipping times trying to time with live plants

Best Answer - View FinalFins's answer
OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That’s good info thanks. I’ll try to be patient :nailbiting:

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Same here. I got the pack that had about 12 random pieces and it took about 10 days but all nice little pieces with a good size bonus piece in the mix.

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yup I’ll also add that shipping was a little slow. Also it was strange because the tracking was created but it disappeared in the shipping network for a few days before I got an update.

I think they use the cheapest possible shipping method. Which is understandable since they have to use large boxes which is cost heavy regardless of the weight.

OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the replies everyone. My order just says “awaiting fulfillment”. Sounds like a good website just a little slow.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CTYankee79 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. My order just says “awaiting fulfillment”. Sounds like a good website just a little slow.
With everything going on i'm sure it will get to you and i'm sure you will like what you get. Update when you get your order :)

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know there are a lot of delays in the USPS network now too. Due to how COVID-19 impacted supply chains you are seeing reduced and condensed routes. Also with some of the protests I know shippers are avoiding certain areas that are heavy with protests from what I was told.

My LFS owner told me last night that he is having to drive over 3 hours away to pick up his fish orders from the air port in Chicago because they wont bring them directly into our smaller local air port anymore due to reduced demands. So really everything is just a little screwed up right now.

OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
With everything going on i'm sure it will get to you and i'm sure you will like what you get. Update when you get your order :)
Absolutely—and will do!

OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Cody said:
I know there are a lot of delays in the USPS network now too. Due to how COVID-19 impacted supply chains you are seeing reduced and condensed routes. Also with some of the protests I know shippers are avoiding certain areas that are heavy with protests from what I was told.

My LFS owner told me last night that he is having to drive over 3 hours away to pick up his fish orders from the air port in Chicago because they wont bring them directly into our smaller local air port anymore due to reduced demands. So really everything is just a little screwed up right now.
I had a package from Aq Coop make its way all the way from Seattle to the East Coast essentially overnight, and then take 4 days to get to me from 40 miles away...USPS is definitely facing some challenges. And that two day Prime shipping a lot of us are spoiled with is a thing of the past. Oh well, I guess people are waiting on things a lot more important than my piece of Manzanita!

OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just wanted to update as promised—driftwood got here today. I ordered the 16th so the shipping was almost 2 weeks, similar to everyone else’s experience. The driftwood is beautiful but a little smaller than I expected,that’s on me for not ordering larger. I think it will work just fine though because there will be a lot of plants.
FCC0819F-66CF-4DF5-AEE4-FB3E5F4BA9B9.jpeg

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
CTYankee79 said:
Just wanted to update as promised—driftwood got here today. I ordered the 16th so the shipping was almost 2 weeks, similar to everyone else’s experience. The driftwood is beautiful but a little smaller than I expected,that’s on me for not ordering larger. I think it will work just fine though because there will be a lot of plants.
FCC0819F-66CF-4DF5-AEE4-FB3E5F4BA9B9.jpeg
I also was kinda fooled with the pictures... they appear larger in pictures and even with measurements laid out it seems larger. But they do come in smaller. I also regret not buying bigger.

Looks like a lovely piece of wood

OP
CTYankee79

CTYankee79

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FinalFins said:
I also was kinda fooled with the pictures... they appear larger in pictures and even with measurements laid out it seems larger. But they do come in smaller. I also regret not buying bigger.

Looks like a lovely piece of wood
Agreed, my thoughts exactly. Now I figure I’ll just soak this thing the aquarium and float my plants until I’m ready to scape in a few days, then I can siphon out the water at that point...

New Threads