Manzanita driftwood

CTYankee79
Anybody order from manzanita driftwood.com? They confirmed an order 3 days ago but radio silence since and not responding to communication.
just curious on shipping times trying to time with live plants

FinalFins
Heyo, took about 2 weeks for my stuff to get here. Great stuff though, so its worth it.

CTYankee79
That’s good info thanks. I’ll try to be patient

kallililly1973
Same here. I got the pack that had about 12 random pieces and it took about 10 days but all nice little pieces with a good size bonus piece in the mix.

Cody
Yup I’ll also add that shipping was a little slow. Also it was strange because the tracking was created but it disappeared in the shipping network for a few days before I got an update.

I think they use the cheapest possible shipping method. Which is understandable since they have to use large boxes which is cost heavy regardless of the weight.

CTYankee79
Thanks for the replies everyone. My order just says “awaiting fulfillment”. Sounds like a good website just a little slow.

kallililly1973
CTYankee79 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. My order just says “awaiting fulfillment”. Sounds like a good website just a little slow.
With everything going on i'm sure it will get to you and i'm sure you will like what you get. Update when you get your order

Cody
I know there are a lot of delays in the USPS network now too. Due to how COVID-19 impacted supply chains you are seeing reduced and condensed routes. Also with some of the protests I know shippers are avoiding certain areas that are heavy with protests from what I was told.

My LFS owner told me last night that he is having to drive over 3 hours away to pick up his fish orders from the air port in Chicago because they wont bring them directly into our smaller local air port anymore due to reduced demands. So really everything is just a little screwed up right now.

CTYankee79
kallililly1973 said:
With everything going on i'm sure it will get to you and i'm sure you will like what you get. Update when you get your order
Absolutely—and will do!

CTYankee79
Cody said:
I know there are a lot of delays in the USPS network now too. Due to how COVID-19 impacted supply chains you are seeing reduced and condensed routes. Also with some of the protests I know shippers are avoiding certain areas that are heavy with protests from what I was told.

My LFS owner told me last night that he is having to drive over 3 hours away to pick up his fish orders from the air port in Chicago because they wont bring them directly into our smaller local air port anymore due to reduced demands. So really everything is just a little screwed up right now.
I had a package from Aq Coop make its way all the way from Seattle to the East Coast essentially overnight, and then take 4 days to get to me from 40 miles away...USPS is definitely facing some challenges. And that two day Prime shipping a lot of us are spoiled with is a thing of the past. Oh well, I guess people are waiting on things a lot more important than my piece of Manzanita!

CTYankee79
Just wanted to update as promised—driftwood got here today. I ordered the 16th so the shipping was almost 2 weeks, similar to everyone else’s experience. The driftwood is beautiful but a little smaller than I expected,that’s on me for not ordering larger. I think it will work just fine though because there will be a lot of plants.

FCC0819F-66CF-4DF5-AEE4-FB3E5F4BA9B9.jpeg

FinalFins
CTYankee79 said:
Just wanted to update as promised—driftwood got here today. I ordered the 16th so the shipping was almost 2 weeks, similar to everyone else’s experience. The driftwood is beautiful but a little smaller than I expected,that’s on me for not ordering larger. I think it will work just fine though because there will be a lot of plants.

FCC0819F-66CF-4DF5-AEE4-FB3E5F4BA9B9.jpeg
I also was kinda fooled with the pictures... they appear larger in pictures and even with measurements laid out it seems larger. But they do come in smaller. I also regret not buying bigger.

Looks like a lovely piece of wood

CTYankee79
FinalFins said:
I also was kinda fooled with the pictures... they appear larger in pictures and even with measurements laid out it seems larger. But they do come in smaller. I also regret not buying bigger.

Looks like a lovely piece of wood
Agreed, my thoughts exactly. Now I figure I’ll just soak this thing the aquarium and float my plants until I’m ready to scape in a few days, then I can siphon out the water at that point...

CTYankee79
Turns out the driftwood was a good size, once plants were in there and substrate was mounded up.

CPDxoxo
I just wanted to pop on here and give my experience with this vendor. Lots of other forums have posts regarding lack of communication, or when they finally get communication the seller claims to have been traveling. I saw this back in 2013 and as of 2021 I got the same exact experience. No replies to communication until a week later and I was told they had been traveling. I only ordered live fish from here. Nearing 2 weeks and my order status is still awaiting fulfillment.

On another note, if you check the BBB ratings this seller responds very inappropriately to complaints. I'd honestly take my business elsewhere and avoid this place just based on the responses I came across. The BBB ratings were also showing a lack of customer service.

CTYankee79
CPDxoxo said:
I just wanted to pop on here and give my experience with this vendor. Lots of other forums have posts regarding lack of communication, or when they finally get communication the seller claims to have been traveling. I saw this back in 2013 and as of 2021 I got the same exact experience. No replies to communication until a week later and I was told they had been traveling. I only ordered live fish from here. Nearing 2 weeks and my order status is still awaiting fulfillment.

On another note, if you check the BBB ratings this seller responds very inappropriately to complaints. I'd honestly take my business elsewhere and avoid this place just based on the responses I came across. The BBB ratings were also showing a lack of customer service.
2 weeks is a long time for fulfillment. It’s important to have a good product but half the battle is customer service and prompt shipping. is this the first time you’ve used them? I’m curious how the fish are when you receive them. In other news my driftwood is going strong in a newly rescaped tank:

CPDxoxo
CTYankee79 said:
2 weeks is a long time for fulfillment. It’s important to have a good product but half the battle is customer service and prompt shipping. is this the first time you’ve used them? I’m curious how the fish are when you receive them. In other news my driftwood is going strong in a newly rescaped tank:

Yes this was my first and honestly last time I will purchase from them. I'm actually tempted to cancel my order as the BBB complaints were about DOA's and seller refusing to refund or being crass about it towards customers. He told one person that didn't get refunded to pound sand.

wateriswet
I ordered from him last fall and it took about 2 weeks to get my fish. That is a long time for no communication and trying to keep a quarantine tank cycled and ready to go plus sitting at home so I can get my package within 2 hours.

I had one corydora DOA. The bag material was opaque and the water heavily tinted blue so I couldn't tell it was dead until after I opened the bag since the others in the bag were alive and moving --> no store credit for me. I had one other DOA (so 2 out of 14) and couldn't get a hold of the seller to get a credit on my next order. He doesn't send you a code or coupon for the DOA, you have to get ahold of him when you're ready to order again which is very hit or miss. It wasn't a fun exchange but I am considering another order because the prices and shipping are the best I've found.

CPDxoxo
Passed 2 weeks now and still no movement or further communication with this seller.

I ordered 5 amano shrimp, 1 honey gourami and 4 CPD's for context of my order size.

CTYankee79
wateriswet said:
I ordered from him last fall and it took about 2 weeks to get my fish. That is a long time for no communication and trying to keep a quarantine tank cycled and ready to go plus sitting at home so I can get my package within 2 hours.

I had one corydora DOA. The bag material was opaque and the water heavily tinted blue so I couldn't tell it was dead until after I opened the bag since the others in the bag were alive and moving --> no store credit for me. I had one other DOA (so 2 out of 14) and couldn't get a hold of the seller to get a credit on my next order. He doesn't send you a code or coupon for the DOA, you have to get ahold of him when you're ready to order again which is very hit or miss. It wasn't a fun exchange but I am considering another order because the prices and shipping are the best I've found.
That’s no good. Hard to time QT, etc with no communication and slow shipping.

CPDxoxo
Apparently they shipped out finally, unfortunately everything but the Gourami and 3 amanos showed up dead. Seller will not refund and only offer store credit. Won't be purchasing here again.

Top Bottom