Many small microorganisms on the sides of my fish bowl

1. maniacalmailman Initiate Member

I started a fish bowl with two snails, a nerite and a mystery snail, about a week ago and what I thought to be air bubbles on the sides of the glass are actually tiny microorganisms. Here is a gif of them that I took with my microscope: https://67.media.tumblr.com/70b84e81bc0ca6dda3a289e2bd9dd1e0/tumblr_o8eykv8cbz1r98t1lo1_400.gif
    Does anybody know what they are? I have been feeding my snails algae wafers and a homemade gelatin made of broccoli, lettuce, algae wafers, carrots, and calcium carbonate supplements. I have a tank plant that I purchased from petsmart. Do I need to get rid of them, or are they okay to leave in the tank? If I need to get rid of them, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you!

2. Flare4123 Initiate Member

Since its a relatively new setup I would guess thats its just the BB floating around. Once they find something to anchor themselves to your water shouls clear up pretty nicely.

3. Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Agreed with Flare4123 as you have a new tank, that is probably whats going on.

I just wanted to say that gif is totally cool. Thank you for sharing!

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Not beneficial bacteria. Small inverts natural to the water, but I'm not good with exact ID. If you don't have a filter, you won't get BB built up.

What's the magnification of the microscope?

How often do you change the water?

5. maniacalmailman Initiate Member

Hey guys! The organisms are too big to be BB because the microscope is only 200x and the organisms are visible to the naked eye. Any further speculations? Thanks!

6. Bellatrix Member Member

I actually have this in my fully cycled tank too.

7. Grimund Well Known Member Member

I don't have any speculations, but can you freeze frame a solid image of one and circle it?

What is your water source?
    Have you changed the water?

This may help others in identifying

8. axel Well Known Member Member

it could be some kind of bug or crustacean

9. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Paramecia maybe? Or maybe some kind of amoeba?