Mandarin goby

Discussion in 'Gobies' started by Eli The Fish Man, Apr 17, 2012.

1. E

Eli The Fish Man Valued Member Member

i would like to know if i can put a mandarin goby in a three gallon tank with a baby damsel

2. Sharkdude

Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Three gallons is really small even for nano. Unless you have access to a mandarin that eats prepared food its not really a good idea to put them in anything less than a 55 that's stocked with a large pod culture. In a 3 gallon it might last a fee weeks before it eventually starved. They peck and eat constantly at copepods.

3. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

No

4. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I wouldn't.

As per sharkdude, they are very finnicky, and need a good sustained pod population (not to mention an extremely well established system)

5. Sharkdude

Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Honestly I can't think of very many sw fish that is suitable for a 3 gallon system that isn't very rare or expensive.

Here are some suggestions that may work: Dracula goby (expensive), Lotilia/whitecap goby (expensive),yashagoby, trimmaor eviotagobies, barnacle blenny, yellow clown goby, red head goby, green banded goby

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. OP
    OP
    E

Ok Thanks

7. A

Aquaculture New Member Member

3 gallons? I wouldn't put anything other than a live food culture in a 3 gallon.

8. OP
    OP
    E

I have a yellow clown goby and a damsel and they are fine together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice