Mandarin Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILKY

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hi there. i was given a mandarin fish on sunday by a friend cos it was being attacked by another male mandarin fish. it stayed still on the bottom for the first few hours and then moved towards the rocks and i have not seen it since last night.i was wondering if it will be ok. any ideas?

Thanks. PILKY

OP
P

PILKY

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ok thanks. will just have to keep tryin to spot him. hope hes ok though

OP
P

PILKY

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yea there a lots of places in the rocks for him to hide. next new fish is going to be a royal gramma on thursday or friday. then thats it for the time being i think. got 4 peppermints last week to kill off the aptasia..

hkirchen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I see that your tank is only six months old. Keep an eye on the mandarin as they will only eat live food. They love copepods and will deplete the supply in your tank rapidly if you do not have a refugium. I would invest in one if you do not, or buy copepods to supplement what he will eat. They usually starve to death and will show no signs of distress other than a sunken pinched belly.

I love mandarins, and I hope yours does okay! Keep us posted!

OP
P

PILKY

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
still not spotted him yet but ive been out all day. so i will carry on the serrch later. hope he is ok. will have to see about how to get some copods and where from. i am hoping to upload so pics of my tank in the next few days for everyone to see.

WETTRIGGER

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He is probably have a ball feeding on copods and stuff in the comfort of the rocks...he'll be looking for new hunting grounds soon....where you can see him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom