Man Survives Being Swallowed By Great White Shark!

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
41-year-old Eric Nerhus may just have the most incredible fish story ever. The Australian diver made an incredible escape after being partially swallowed -- headfirst-- by a great white shark! He suffered only a broken nose, cuts and bruising after fighting his way out of the man-eater's jaws. A spokeswoman for Snowy Hydro SouthCare rescue service said, "When he came to us he was conscious and alert but had a broken nose and bite marks all the way around." This all went down off Cape Howe, on Australia's southeast coast. Fellow diver Michael Mashado said, "It was black. He didn't see it coming, but he felt the bite and then started getting shaken, and that's when he knew he was in the mouth of the shark." Eric fought frantically to free himself from the shark's jaws and was eventually pulled back aboard his boat by his 25-year-old son. Fortunately the brunt of the bite was taken by his lead-weight vest. (Sky News)

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW, terrifying and so strange. It is so hard to understand how this type of thing can happen and so great to think no one died over it.

Thank you for sharing.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Interesting, made me look for this lol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a shark will carry a food item around trying to decide if the food is good or not .
"Human for lunch, Yuck!" might what be the shark was thinking.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I'm guessing the diver didn't "escape" from the shark...rather, the shark decided he did not taste especially good. That would be freaky getting swallowed by a shark.....

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Richard said:
41-year-old Eric Nerhus may just have the most incredible fish story ever. The Australian diver made an incredible escape after being partially swallowed -- headfirst-- by a great white shark! He suffered only a broken nose, cuts and bruising after fighting his way out of the man-eater's jaws. A spokeswoman for Snowy Hydro SouthCare rescue service said, "When he came to us he was conscious and alert but had a broken nose and bite marks all the way around." This all went down off Cape Howe, on Australia's southeast coast. Fellow diver Michael Mashado said, "It was black. He didn't see it coming, but he felt the bite and then started getting shaken, and that's when he knew he was in the mouth of the shark." Eric fought frantically to free himself from the shark's jaws and was eventually pulled back aboard his boat by his 25-year-old son. Fortunately the brunt of the bite was taken by his lead-weight vest. (Sky News)
yer scary ha i went for a holiday near there and went bogey board and stuff it was great fun and in the down under it was alll over the news he was half swolled i heard and he poked it in the eye to get away :-X ;D Callum!

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is an incredible account. I am so glad that he was able to escape, no matter what the reason. Maybe Mr. Shark didn't like the taste or feel of his lead weight vest?

CherryRose

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
ah yes he is world famous in australia right now. he was an abelone fisherman (slash diver) and used his abelone knife (abelone grow on the bottom of the ocean floor) to poke him in the eye and bashed him on the nose several times and so the shark said" no way i dont like fighting for my food "and gave up on him as said before it was his lead weight vest (they dont wear weight belts) that did indeed save him and now lives to talk about it!!!

dazzler

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom