Man I want it so bad

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was at PetSmart and saw a 36 gallon bow front aquarium with the stand and hood for $179. I figure with everything else I'd need I'm looking at about $325 before fish. I really like the tank though but I know my housemate, who owns the house, will not approve of it. There is a spot in the house that would be just perfect too.

Dunk2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was at PetSmart and saw a 36 gallon bow front aquarium with the stand and hood for $179. I figure with everything else I'd need I'm looking at about $325 before fish. I really like the tank though but I know my housemate, who owns the house, will not approve of it. There is a spot in the house that would be just perfect too.
You apparently need a new housemate. ;)

qquake2k

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Speak plainly about it. No point dreaming if you can't have it but sometimes people (thinking of my wife here) can surprise you by being reasonable (!).

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Because it always has been. I had to beg to get the 3.5 my Betta is in.

juniperlea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Buy the tank and a human cage. Keep both healthy, but hide the human.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Still working on this. What I would want to put in are:

an Angelfish
1 or 2 Rams, German Blue preferably.
Dwarf Gourami, either regular or Flame.
maybe 5 Corydoras, Sterbai, Julii, Panda or maybe a variety
Zebra or Leopard Danios
small Bristlenose Pleco, maybe albino
Possibly male Guppies.
Black Neon Tetras
Whatever else might work out

For the filter , I like the Fluval/AquaClear 50 with it's more modular approach to the media.
Substrate would probably be pool filter sand or fine grained gravel. Possibly with a layer of dirt underneath for rooted plants. I might go for the easy plants like Java Fern and Anubias with some mossballs and a little Java Moss. Of course there would be some rocks and driftwood. Maybe a tiered substrate structure with dark and light portions. Lots of ideas floating around in my head.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Still working on this. What I would want to put in are:

an Angelfish
1 or 2 Rams, German Blue preferably.
Dwarf Gourami, either regular or Flame.
maybe 5 Corydoras, Sterbai, Julii, Panda or maybe a variety
Zebra or Leopard Danios
small Bristlenose Pleco, maybe albino
Possibly male Guppies.
Black Neon Tetras
Whatever else might work out

For the filter , I like the Fluval/AquaClear 50 with it's more modular approach to the media.
Substrate would probably be pool filter sand or fine grained gravel. Possibly with a layer of dirt underneath for rooted plants. I might go for the easy plants like Java Fern and Anubias with some mossballs and a little Java Moss. Of course there would be some rocks and driftwood. Maybe a tiered substrate structure with dark and light portions. Lots of ideas floating around in my head.
Dwarf gourami may fight the angel or rams, danios may nip guppies.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom