Male Scarlet Badis In 5 Gallon

11emilyscott

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a five gallon tank, heated to around 77 degrees, with a hang on back filter. It is fully cycled and has some live plants and some fake. I went to my local pet store that I trust very much to help me pick out some new fish a few days ago, but I am afraid they sold me a bad combination of fish. I've never owned these types of fish before. Right now I have 3 scarlet badis and 3 celestial pearl danios. They were not sexed in the store and their colors are a bit pale (but intesifing every day!) to tell gender for sure. I am not sure, but after some research I am afraid I might have 3 male scarlet badis. The fish store assured me that 3 of any gender would be okay in a five gallon, but now that I have them home, aI've noticed one that hides almost all the time and some territoriality. I've been reading now that one male is best for a five gallon. I'm not sure who to trust... my trusty fish store or the internet Since I'm not sure on gender, would you guys recommend that I return one or two to the store to prevent aggression? I want them to have a good home.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Attachments

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would only keep one scarlet badis and rehome the CPDs.

11emilyscott

Reaction score
75 gallon Discus Tank said:
I would only keep one scarlet badis and rehome the CPDs.
Why re-home the CPD's?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
11emilyscott said:
Why re-home the CPD's?
They require a much larger school, and their school requirement won't fit in the tank.

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
also cdp need cooler water

11emilyscott

Reaction score

11emilyscott

Reaction score
75 gallon Discus Tank said:
They require a much larger school, and their school requirement won't fit in the tank.
Thanks for the advice

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom