Male Scarlet Badis In 5 Gallon Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by 11emilyscott, Apr 16, 2018.

1. 11emilyscottNew MemberMember

Hello,
    I have a five gallon tank, heated to around 77 degrees, with a hang on back filter. It is fully cycled and has some live plants and some fake. I went to my local pet store that I trust very much to help me pick out some new fish a few days ago, but I am afraid they sold me a bad combination of fish. I've never owned these types of fish before. Right now I have 3 scarlet badis and 3 celestial pearl danios. They were not sexed in the store and their colors are a bit pale (but intesifing every day!) to tell gender for sure. I am not sure, but after some research I am afraid I might have 3 male scarlet badis. The fish store assured me that 3 of any gender would be okay in a five gallon, but now that I have them home, aI've noticed one that hides almost all the time and some territoriality. I've been reading now that one male is best for a five gallon. I'm not sure who to trust... my trusty fish store or the internet :( Since I'm not sure on gender, would you guys recommend that I return one or two to the store to prevent aggression? I want them to have a good home.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

I would only keep one scarlet badis and rehome the CPDs.

3. OP
    OP

11emilyscottNew MemberMember

Why re-home the CPD's?

4. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

They require a much larger school, and their school requirement won't fit in the tank.

5. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

also cdp need cooler water

6. OP
    OP

Okay, good to know

7. OP
    OP

Thanks for the advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice