Male Platy

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Beginner101, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Beginner101

Beginner101 Valued Member Member

I have a 20g high with 3 dwarf gourami, 10 neon tetras, 3 platys, 2 female one male. Like 2 days ago my platy was fine and swimming and eating. But yesterday it didn't eat at all, it's mainly staying at one spot on the gravel. It's dorsal fin is up so I don't think it's stress. It's didn't swimming touch but it does a little. And I tried to force feed it today but when my hand got close the others swam away fast but he just stayed they're swimming away slowly. It kind of looked like it lost strength.

2. Buganjimo

Buganjimo Well Known Member Member

Are the scales lifted? Is it pooping, and if so is it normal? Also, can you give the water parameters (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite ect)

3. OP
    OP
    Beginner101

The last time it pooped was afew hours ago but I think it was long and white ish. Or clear. I can't quite tell if the scales are lifted so I provide pictures with you for you to determine. Water parameters are .25ppm ammonia ( fed them an hour ago), 0ppm or nitrite. And 10 ppm of nitrite. IMG_20180411_221052.jpg IMG_20180411_221048.jpg IMG_20180411_221046.jpg

4. Buganjimo

Buganjimo Well Known Member Member

Okay, so, if it’s poop is clear/string-y, that’s internal parasites. So I’d get medication for that, I’m not good at suggesting meds, as I’ve never had internal parasites in my tanks, but maybe someone else can chime in? You can just look for anti parasite meds at your lfs. I’d also quarantine the infected fish and do a pwc as the ammonia should be as close to zero as possible (aka keep it at zero)

5. OP
    OP
    Beginner101

Oh I just saw this, I don't but I checked today and it looks like it's form rot, but hard to see cause he didn't open his tail. IMG_20180413_153131.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice