Male platy lost all his tail fins

cherryphoenix

I have a mickey mouse platy, male. He is shy. I also have a black sword in there and she is territorial and quite a .
Last yeah I noticed that his tail fins were nipped a bit. But today I just noticed he only has a nub!!

What can I do to help him?

Update: I put him in a breeding net so he can recover without her bothering him.

jdhef

Part of you posts doen't really make any sense. I'm really hoping you did not use any bad words that the forum software automatically deleted, since using bad words is against FishLore rules.

The best thing to do is separate him and keep him in pristine water. You can also treat with Vita-Chem and Garlic Guard.

OP
C

cherryphoenix

I've read online that black sword tails are known to be a bit on the aggressive side but it's mostly for males. Mine is a female. I think I'll save for a larger aquarium. Maybe more space would benefit them.[/COLOR]

OP
C

cherryphoenix

aHumanBeing said:
Keep up with water changes (daily or twice daily), vitachem, kordon fish protector and don't put the platy back in unless the fins are 100% healed. The Platy should really be in a quarantine to reduce stress and ease water changes, plus if the platy is in a quarantine then you can medicate more without harming your other fish.

All I have left is a 3 gallon aquarium but no filter to go with it. Should I leave him in the breeding nest then?

OP
C

cherryphoenix

He died today. He was in a hospital tank his fins were growing. No clue what happened

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

New Threads