Male Platy bullying other fish

LaurenGM

Hi! I have a male Platy living with 3 female mollies and a female swordtail in a 10 gallon tank. The platy chases, bites, and seems to stress out the other fish. Oddly enough he does this mostly to the mollies (which he cannot breed with), but leaves the swordtail (which he can breed with I believe) alone most of the time. What should I do? I don’t want to re- home him, and I don’t even know if the pet store would take him back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fishowner24

Hi! I have a male Platy living with 3 female mollies and a female swordtail in a 10 gallon tank. The platy chases, bites, and seems to stress out the other fish. Oddly enough he does this mostly to the mollies (which he cannot breed with), but leaves the swordtail (which he can breed with I believe) alone most of the time. What should I do? I don’t want to re- home him, and I don’t even know if the pet store would take him back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Uhh I might need to get some more people on this but mollies can be aggressive and idk if that applies to all live bearers but for a solution I would get female platies so he will focus on them and might lower agression. But again I am new to this all and I am making a guess from what I have learned.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Redtailsharkboi
  • Platy
Replies
Views
e_watson09
  • Question
  • Firestorm
  • Platy
Replies
Views
emeraldking