Question Male or female?

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
Here is a picture of "fishy" (my girlfriend named it). Was wondering if it was a male or female. From what I have read I am pretty sure fishy is a female. I would like to add another gold gouramI to the 38 gallon tank that fishy is in but I know two males will have problems.

Thanks all.
 

Attachments

jdhef

Moderator
Moderator
Member
Messages
14,323
Reaction score
3,444
Location
South Jersey
Experience
More than 10 years
Boy that girlfriend of yours is pretty creative when it comes to names!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
gef21

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
yeah yeah I know. I made fun of her for it also. But what she lacks in naming skills she makes up for in looks.

Inappropriate to post a picture of a girl in a bathing suit holding a fish?

jk jk...
 

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
22,715
Reaction score
194
Location
Rochester NH
Experience
More than 10 years
its hard to tell as the pic is pretty blurry.... sorry
but I can say this....in a 38g tank, adding another goldie would be a major war zone...they are super territorial even with the opposite sex....I wouldnt put more than 1 per 40 gallon tank...and that would be pushing it.....nice fish though!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
gef21

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
Shawnie said:
its hard to tell as the pic is pretty blurry.... sorry
but I can say this....in a 38g tank, adding another goldie would be a major war zone...they are super territorial even with the opposite sex....I wouldnt put more than 1 per 40 gallon tank...and that would be pushing it.....nice fish though!
ok so no adding another goldie?

Any suggestions on what other fish to add?
 

jdhef

Moderator
Moderator
Member
Messages
14,323
Reaction score
3,444
Location
South Jersey
Experience
More than 10 years
gef21 said:
yeah yeah I know. I made fun of her for it also. But what she lacks in naming skills she makes up for in looks.

Inappropriate to post a picture of a girl in a bathing suit holding a fish?

jk jk...
Unlike the fish, I'm sure I could determine your girlfirends sex in a photo!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
gef21

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
jdhef said:
Unlike the fish, I'm sure I could determine your girlfirends sex in a photo!
yeah you would have zero problems identifying her sex. haha
 

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
22,715
Reaction score
194
Location
Rochester NH
Experience
More than 10 years
gef21 said:
ok so no adding another goldie?

Any suggestions on what other fish to add?
not sure what to suggest as you don't have updated aquarium info don't even see your golden listed unless you are calling him a honey? and its in a 10 gallon tank?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9
OP
gef21

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
oh yeah that did not get changed. My LFS sold me the golden as a honey. The golden and cories were moved into the 38 gallon

So the 38 gallon planted currently has 1 golden and 4 albino cories.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
gef21

gef21

Active Member
Member
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Experience
1 year
philipbouchard-davies said:
I would get more corys first off (around 8-10) would do great in that size tank.

Phil
can I do cories of different kinds or should I stick with the albinos?

I was already planning on going up to 6 Albino cories.

Instead of going to 6 albinos should I do 4 of another kind?
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
276
Guests online
3,514
Total visitors
3,790

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom