Male Or Female?

1. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

So most of my red cherry shrimp are a gorgeous deep red color. I have only seen two that are fairly transparent and I can't usually see them to take pics but today one was hungry and I got a few photos. Is this a male? It kind of looks like it has a saddle so I'm not really sure...

If it's female I need to find someone willing to send me some males :/

c41b3caa39c3eec36dcc4638ec095494.jpg a5fa88bf4c2676e253486108891fb204.jpg

No one knows? Maybe it really is confusing lol.

2. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Female I believe, a little too fat to be a male.

Edit// Sorry now I think I know which one you're talking about, I didn't even notice it at first because of how clear it is! Male I think

3. scarface

scarface Well Known Member Member

I can only really tell when mine get eggs. I get confused cause I feel like all my shrimp have saddles, so I no longer bother trying to figure it out.

4. OP
    OP
    Kellye8498

I really wish there was a more clear way to tell :/ I know I need to wait to see a berried female but it's been awhile now and I'm getting impatient lol

I had some before and then I got the rest July 7 and still haven't seen a berried female. I am worried that my water is too hard for breeding which is why I am so impatient. Kh is 7 but Gh is off the scale :(

5. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

Its a male. You can tell by the tail shape.

6. OP
    OP
    Kellye8498

Huh. I haven't heard that before. Will be super happy if it's a male though. I need him to start knocking up the girls lol

7. Yves

Yves Member Member