Male Or Female?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Kellye8498, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Kellye8498

Kellye8498Well Known MemberMember

So most of my red cherry shrimp are a gorgeous deep red color. I have only seen two that are fairly transparent and I can't usually see them to take pics but today one was hungry and I got a few photos. Is this a male? It kind of looks like it has a saddle so I'm not really sure...

If it's female I need to find someone willing to send me some males :/

c41b3caa39c3eec36dcc4638ec095494.jpga5fa88bf4c2676e253486108891fb204.jpg

No one knows? Maybe it really is confusing lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017
  2. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

Female I believe, a little too fat to be a male.

Edit// Sorry now I think I know which one you're talking about, I didn't even notice it at first because of how clear it is! Male I think

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  3. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

I can only really tell when mine get eggs. I get confused cause I feel like all my shrimp have saddles, so I no longer bother trying to figure it out.

4. OP
    OP
    Kellye8498

I really wish there was a more clear way to tell :/ I know I need to wait to see a berried female but it's been awhile now and I'm getting impatient lol

I had some before and then I got the rest July 7 and still haven't seen a berried female. I am worried that my water is too hard for breeding which is why I am so impatient. Kh is 7 but Gh is off the scale :(

5. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Its a male. You can tell by the tail shape.

6. OP
    OP
    Kellye8498

Huh. I haven't heard that before. Will be super happy if it's a male though. I need him to start knocking up the girls lol

7. Yves

YvesValued MemberMember

Here is an article that may help.  

But I would say clear one is a male, the other a female.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice