Male Or Female

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by TinyT, Jul 19, 2017.

1. TinyTNew MemberMember

Hi everyone. I got this to lovely Gold Honey Gourami last week. I can't tell if they are male or female. I have looked at pictures online and came to the conclusion they were both male but they behave more like a male and female. The one on the left is a much brighter yellow (I assume he is male) then the one on the right which I think is female, but as you can see neither of them have a stripe. I've tried looking at their fins and both seem to be pointed at the end. So, this has become a conundrum. I want to get a few more but want to have a proper ration of M:F so if anyone with more experience with gourami can tell if they are male or female I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Levinofish

LevinofishValued MemberMember

Do you have a better picture of them

3. OP
    OP
    T

TinyTNew MemberMember

I will try to get a better picture. The tend to stay at the back of the aquarium.

4. Levinofish

Okè tanks but from what I see they look like male. But that doesn't mean they are. I had a male and female dg and I thought they were male but one turned out to be female. Because of inappropriate breeding she looked like a male

5. OP
    OP
    T

TinyTNew MemberMember

This the best I can do for pictures. The just don't want to cooperate. :)

Attached Files:

6. Levinofish

Oke I tink they are both male

From what I see

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
  7. OP
    OP
    T

TinyTNew MemberMember

I thought so too. Was really hoping one was female. That is what I asked for. So if I want to get more what should the ratio be since I have two males? If I got 3 or 4 female would that work?

8. Levinofish

I think 4 female would work

9. OP
    OP
    T

TinyTNew MemberMember

Thanks for your help. :)

10. Levinofish

No problem thats why I'm here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice