Male Or Female

1. T

TinyT New Member Member

Hi everyone. I got this to lovely Gold Honey Gourami last week. I can't tell if they are male or female. I have looked at pictures online and came to the conclusion they were both male but they behave more like a male and female. The one on the left is a much brighter yellow (I assume he is male) then the one on the right which I think is female, but as you can see neither of them have a stripe. I've tried looking at their fins and both seem to be pointed at the end. So, this has become a conundrum. I want to get a few more but want to have a proper ration of M:F so if anyone with more experience with gourami can tell if they are male or female I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Levinofish

Levinofish Valued Member Member

Do you have a better picture of them

3. OP
    OP
    T

TinyT New Member Member

I will try to get a better picture. The tend to stay at the back of the aquarium.

4. Levinofish

Okè tanks but from what I see they look like male. But that doesn't mean they are. I had a male and female dg and I thought they were male but one turned out to be female. Because of inappropriate breeding she looked like a male

5. OP
    OP
    T

TinyT New Member Member

This the best I can do for pictures. The just don't want to cooperate. :)

Attached Files:

6. Levinofish

Oke I tink they are both male

From what I see

7. OP
    OP
    T

TinyT New Member Member

I thought so too. Was really hoping one was female. That is what I asked for. So if I want to get more what should the ratio be since I have two males? If I got 3 or 4 female would that work?

8. Levinofish

I think 4 female would work

9. OP
    OP
    T

TinyT New Member Member

Thanks for your help. :)

10. Levinofish

No problem thats why I'm here