• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is a juvenile. At this stage the fish hasn't made up its mind whether to be a boy or a girl. At least, it's not telling anyone yet.

BobRocio

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Too young to give a positive ID.

Generally females will show more blue on the lower half of the gill plate where males will show very little/no blue on the lower half of the gill plate. Males also tend to have blue dots underneath and around the eye whereas females are more likely to have blue squiggles and patches as opposed to dots.

OP
C

chasee

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
BobRocio said:
Too young to give a positive ID.
chromedome52 said:
That is a juvenile. At this stage the fish hasn't made up its mind whether to be a boy or a girl. At least, it's not telling anyone yet.
Generally females will show more blue on the lower half of the gill plate where males will show very little/no blue on the lower half of the gill plate. Males also tend to have blue dots underneath and around the eye whereas females are more likely to have blue squiggles and patches as opposed to dots.
Would any body be leaning towards a certain gender or is it just to early to take a guess?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think that one is way too young to even venture a guess....
But maybe someone will know!!

slayer5590

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You have already been told in at least one of your other treads it isn't big enough to tell.

Not large enough to tell yet.

BeckyAnn

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Males have little color around there jaw females it looks like they have a full beard of blue. Let me see if I have a picture of my male an female breeding pair so you can compair yours. IMO it looks male but it is also still very small to determine the sex of your JD.

1486143515483.jpg

Male JD

1486143577973.jpg

Female JD color extends more towards jaw line like a beard

slayer5590

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BeckyAnn said:
Males have little color around there jaw females it looks like they have a full beard of blue. Let me see if I have a picture of my male an female breeding pair so you can compair yours. IMO it looks male but it is also still very small to determine the sex of your JD.

1486143515483.jpg

Male JD

1486143577973.jpg

Female JD color extends more towards jaw line like a beard
Both of those fish look like males to me. The second fish looks to be subdominant.

BeckyAnn

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Definitely not they've tried to breed but my Oscar won't let them. My male flashes for her and tries constantly to get her to try and breed again but she's stubborn.

slayer5590

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How many of these threads do you need for people to tell you that your fish is too small to sex. I mean you have 4 threads on this forum alone and multiple threads on several other forums asking the same question and getting the same answer. Give it 3 or 4 months of growth then ask again it might be big enough then to answer your question.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Several threads have been merged, please only create one thread per topic

New Threads