Male or female angelfish

Mikel88

Hello, trying to figure out if I have 2 males or female angelfish. I'll post some pictures. I've had the yellow one for about 6 months and the black for almost 2 months. I have noticed the yellow one pecking at the side of the black one every so often. Nothing seems aggresive, they are always together.

ZachG

To me it looks like the yellow is female and the other is a male. It’s still hard know for sure until you see them breeding. Beautiful fish!

erinw347

I cannot see about the yellow but the black appears male based on what looks like his breeding tube peeking out.

Mikel88

ZachG said:
To me it looks like the yellow is female and the other is a male. It’s still hard know for sure until you see them breeding. Beautiful fish!
Do they look to be full grown to you? The black one I got from pets mart. Wasnt in good shape, wanted to try and give him or her a better life. After about a week started to show more colors. Was all black at pets mart.

ZachG

how big was the black one when you first got him? If you’ve had the yellow one for six months I would say they’re mature.

Mikel88

ZachG said:
how big was the black one when you first got him? If you’ve had the yellow one for six months I would say they’re mature.
The black one was a little bigger than the yellow when I got it. So there's a difference between mature and full grown right? I've seen some Angel's that are like twice the size.

ZachG

Mikel88 said:
The black one was a little bigger than the yellow when I got it. So there's a difference between mature and full grown right? I've seen some Angel's that are like twice the size.
Oh for sure, full grown angels are around 6 inches long I think. A mature angel is usually around 3 inches.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom