Male Jack

auntsis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Male Jack Dempsey is losing his scales. Is he trying to mate with the female or what? He is about 3" long and the female is about 4" long. They are in with 4 firemouths And seem to get along fine. Never so any signs of fighting, if they do chase it's usually the firemouths that chase each other. Have had all since they were small fry. My tank is 75 gal. I also have a 15" placoustimous in there, and was wondering if I need to continue to feed every day, and if so shoud I increase food.snow.

auntsis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NO I don't but they all seem happy and nothing is wrong with the female or any of the firemouth.

mmolitor87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It would be extremely beneficial to us if you filled out your profile information, especially the question about the nitrogen cycle. Are you aware of what that is? If not we can help guide you to make sure your fish are safe.

mmolitor87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The nitrogen cycle is essential for your filter to build the proper bacteria to keep your fish safe from their own waste.

Please click the link above and read up on the nitrogen cycle, and test your water parameters using a liquid test kit. You should find 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 20-80 Nitrates. If you don't, then I would advise doing a large water change (at least 50%). Following the water change, dechlorinate the water with a cap and a half of prime (as per the size of your tank).

auntsis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you very much mmolitor87 for your helpfulness, I truly appreciate it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom