Male guppies

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Hamham, Jul 19, 2015.

1. H

Hamham New Member Member

I just bought 4 male guppies for my 20 gallon tank and they won't stop chasing each other.. Any idea why?
    also m thinking to buy more fish, what can I keep with guppies??

2. KingD

KingD Fishlore VIP Member

They are most likely looking to mate and since there are no females, they are trying to mate with each other. My males do the same thing. You can keep just about any peaceful community fish with them.

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

They might be doing what the above poster said, or they might be just trying to establish their hierarchy. I'd give it a little while, as long as there's no serious injury or high amounts of stress they'll be fine, imo.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

They should be fine as BTWB mentioned....

5. thefishdude277

thefishdude277 Well Known Member Member

My platies would always do this
    1 died in the process, due to sickness from stress
    They did this for a while, but now they stick together in a group and helpfully eat algae off the glass

:)

6. C

Catahoola Valued Member Member

Maybe bring up that number to a proper school and get a couple more guppies and see if that works? I have 6 male guppys and they get along fine. Like what someone above said, anything that isn't aggressive can be kept in with them. If you are looking for some easier fish for a 20 gallon, neon or glowlight tetras are easy, as are sparkling and dwarf gouramis which are very cool looking fish. Most platys and mollies are easy too. It would be a good idea to get a small algae eater to keep the algae down in there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice