Male Endlers

Andres391

I have 5 Endlers in a 5 gallon tank they seem to be a little rough with each other is this normal or should I be keeping only 2 females to 1 male. Anyone with experience with Endlers please help. I got two different colored Endlers but they all fight each other regardless and one full grown dominating.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I don't keep endlers, but guppy males tend to be quite mean to each other. But as long as there aren't any torn fins, and they have an escape from the others, and there isn't one that is getting attached a lot more than the others. Than they should be fine.

faywayway

I have this exact same experience. I currently also have 5 male emerald endlers in a 5 gallon as well, and they get rough too. I think this is just normal male behavior with squabbling and chasing. I haven't noticed any damage to my boys and they all are still super healthy. I would just keep watching to make sure you don't notice any serious injuries. I also don't want any females because I don't want to deal with babies and breeding.
Personally, I'm about to move them to a new cycling 10 gallon tank I have just so they might have a bit more room for getting away, and so they're not in such close proximity to one another.

Spudsssy

They don't have space to get a break from each other in a 5gal. Iv kept many male endlers in 20gal no issues. Its small tank size in small numbers that's the problem. Upgrade to 10gal for sure but bigger the better.

emeraldking

They're probably working on the hierarchy in the tank. It can look tough but mostly pretty innocent. Once the hierarchy is clear, the roughness will mostly disappear.

Andres391

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I don't keep endlers, but guppy males tend to be quite mean to each other. But as long as there aren't any torn fins, and they have an escape from the others, and there isn't one that is getting attached a lot more than the others. Than they should be fine.
Thanks.
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Thanks
emeraldking said:
They're probably working on the hierarchy in the tank. It can look tough but mostly pretty innocent. Once the hierarchy is clear, the roughness will mostly disappear.
emeraldking said:
How long could that take?

emeraldking

Andres391 said:
How long could that take?
That differs. Could be a week or even a month. It depends on how fast they know their place within the hierarchy. For certain males will try a couple of times to overrule.

Andres391

emeraldking said:
That differs. Could be a week or even a month. It depends on how fast they know their place within the hierarchy. For certain males will try a couple of times to overrule.
Thanks

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom