Male Endlers With Female Platies?

GettinTanked

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Tried to research combining male endlers with female platies. Not worried about them breeding, but I found a few posts here and there that suggest male endlers might harass female platies - anyone experience one way or the other?

I'm currently finishing up cycling with 3 male endlers in my 10 gallon planted aquarium.
Once it's done, I was thinking to add two female platys.
I realize they might be pregnant, so I was going to keep that stock for 6 months or so. That gives them a little room to have their fry, and I'll give away the survivors.
Once that's over, I'd probably add 2 more male endlers.

So in the end I'd have:
2 female platy
5 male endlers
(Leaving myself an inch to throw in a nerite snail or shrimp)

Limitations: not equipped to deal with lots of fry, opted for a tiny tank, pH is high and water is hard so it's been a struggle to find a suitable group.
Any input is appreciated!

Soham

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hey,
adding platies with endlers is no problem at all!!
go ahead......
note-platies and endlers donot beed......however if they do the offspring will b sterile!!

GettinTanked

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Soham said:
hey,
adding platies with endlers is no problem at all!!
go ahead......
note-platies and endlers donot beed......however if they do the offspring will b sterile!!
Have you done it? Not concerned about breeding. Just don't want the platy ladies being bothered constantly by so many male endlers.

Soham

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
GettinTanked said:
Have you done it? Not concerned about breeding. Just don't want the platy ladies being bothered constantly by so many male endlers.
yaaa....go ahead i have a planted tank housing around 10 platies and a group endlers!!!1

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom