Male c moorii blue dolphin?

plum7

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a group of 3 C moorii blue dolphins and the owner said claimed they were all female but just recently these 3 dolphins got really dark and started circling around each other all 3 trying to mate. Pictures 5 and 6 are the other 2 females. Saw this dolphin pictures 1, 2,3, and 4 its analfin looked more pointy and slightly longer past the tail fin. Would this one be a male then? I had another male and his was way longer and more pointy very obvious but not really this one. I read females can also breed drop eggs without males present to fertilize the eggs? Also if it is a male it is actually the smallest of the 3 it is rather more plump looking. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, the first one is definitely a male. I'm more concerned about the yellow color on the first female, as that color should not be on any Cyrtocara moorii.

OP
P

plum7

Reaction score
chromedome52 said:
Well, the first one is definitely a male. I'm more concerned about the yellow color on the first female, as that color should not be on any Cyrtocara moorii.
This female she's more of a light blue in color than the rest of the others and i believe it is one of my led white lights got covered by some algae which made that part of the tank look yellow and that she is also the lightest blue colored dolphin. First 4 are of her again and last 3 pics are of a third slightly smaller female. Glad to finally have a right male/female ratio and at least 1 male. My first group ended up being the opposite 3 males and 1 female. I found it harder to find get females than males.

Attachments

New Threads