Male Betta"s Were In The Same Tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FishFor2018
Hello,
So I have a 10 gallon divided tank with 2 male betta's (1 in each side) and I walked into the room to say hI and THEY WERE IN THE SAME SIDE!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see ANY scratches or bump's or ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I had to add an extra 1/2 inch of water because of the new heater I got but the divider was still at least an inch above the water. the divider fits snug and it's made out of plexiglass. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHY AREN'T ONE OF THEM DEAD OR INJURED????

emmysjj
Ok, relax, your ok

They probably jumped over the divider. Are they separated now?

Rtessy
Gypsy13 it's just like your betta's, right? Apologies if I'm confusing you with anyone

emmysjj
Gypsy13 it's just like your betta's, right? Apologies if I'm confusing you with anyone
I don’t think Gypsy has a betta.

Yet...

FishFor2018
yes they are separated now but what if it happens again?

Rtessy

Yet...
I thought she did at one point....
Anyway, it was someone on here who had two males divided and one jumped and they ended up living fine together.
I don't recommend this, as bettas can turn after just another day or so.

yes they are separated now but what if it happens again?
Can you take a picture of your current divider?

emmysjj
I thought she did at one point....
Anyway, it was someone on here who had two males divided and one jumped and they ended up living fine together.
I don't recommend this, as bettas can turn after just another day or so.
I know David has two males together, is that who you are thinking of?

FishFor2018
Rtessy
I know David has two males together, is that who you are thinking of?
No, it wasn't a harem type tank, it was a divided 10 gallon.... hm, I guess I don't remember who, I thought it was Gypsy

FishFor2018
He moved but why was he doing this?
image.jpgHere are tank pics

image.jpg

image.jpg
This is the one that jumped over
image.jpg
This is my what I thought was overly aggressive Betta (it’s his bed time lol)
image.jpg

emmysjj
They are probably just stressed. Is there holes in the divider? I’d weave some moss in there’s so they can’t see each other.

FishFor2018
They are probably just stressed. Is there holes in the divider? I’d weave some moss in there’s so they can’t see each other.
Yes there are holes, but I see no aggression. If you think it’s necessary to block there vision then I can buy some black stuff to cover the divider

emmysjj
Yes there are holes, but I see no aggression. If you think it’s necessary to block there vision then I can buy some black stuff to cover the divider
I would Better safe then sorry.

Maybe he wiggled underneath?

Repolie
As long as there was no physical injuries, you're fine.

Goldiemom

Yet...
No, she doesn’t have one. She has in the the past, I believe. Oh, but she has one picked out! Lol.

Wouldn’t it be so cool if you could have a tank of multi-colored bettas? I dream about that.

FishFor2018
Wouldn’t it be so cool if you could have a tank of multi-colored bettas? I dream about that.
You can! A sorority

IHaveADogToo
Is there a gap between the bottom of the lid and the top of the divider? Just fill that gap. Bettas jump. Blocking their vision isn't going to prevent jumping.

You mean like a sorority?

FishFor2018
I would Better safe then sorry.

Maybe he wiggled underneath?
Okay I will make it to where they cannot see each other. Thank you! Don’t think so, the gravel looks like it’s in the same place and there is 1-2 inches of it

Is there a gap between the bottom of the lid and the top of the divider? Just fill that gap. Bettas jump. Blocking their vision isn't going to prevent jumping.

Yes a big gap :/

image.jpg

Goldiemom

All male bettas. With beautiful various tails and colors.

FishFor2018
I think we all want one of those tanks

FishFor2018
At least we can put male guppies together. There beautiful but I still like the Betta’s better (don’t tell my guppies I said that) lol

IHaveADogToo
I think I read on here that someone is going to try breeding the aggression out of betta splendins by breeding only the most docile of bettas. If I'm not mistaken it was luckdown. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, back on topic.

Do you have like a plastic tote, or some other kind of plastic sheet, that you can cut up and make something to fill that gap from? Or, what about sponge?

FishFor2018
I think I read on here that someone is going to try breeding the aggression out of betta splendins by breeding only the most docile of bettas. If I'm not mistaken it was luckdown. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, back on topic.

Do you have like a plastic tote, or some other kind of plastic sheet, that you can cut up and make something to fill that gap from? Or, what about sponge?
I can do plastic but how would it stay??
I may not replie for 5 minutes I have to take a look at my plants

IHaveADogToo
duct tape it to the lid? idk get creative

FishFor2018
Gypsy13
I had several bettas at one time. All separate tanks. One tank decided to crack. When water started coming out I grabbed him and put him in the tank next to him. Another male. They had no problem so I cleaned up the mess. I bought a new tank but they got along so well, I left them together. Buddies for couple years. Older one died and I found a docile one at the LFS. He didn’t like the newbie. So he had to be alone. Put a pic of his buddy on the end of the tank. He was ok. Not as happy but ok.

For OP, I’d definitely fix the divider. Good luck.

Fancyfins
Lol okay thanks

If you duct tape it to the lid you would be lifting the whole divider up every time you lifted the lid! :/

luckdown

Okay, back on topic.

Yes! That is a thing I want to work on. Trying to find new pairs cuz my original non aggressive pairs couldn't successfully fertilize and/or hatch their eggs.

Fanatic
FishFor2018
Do you have those pocket sized luck charm animals in the tank?
If so, please remove them, they are made from rubber, which has been painted.

I dropped one of those in my tank, and it faded off, and the water had glitter in it.

FishFor2018
FishFor2018
Do you have those pocket sized luck charm animals in the tank?
If so, please remove them, they are made from rubber, which has been painted.

I dropped one of those in my tank, and it faded off, and the water had glitter in it.
oh okay. yes I do. I tested for a week with no fish in it and nothing happend so I figured it was fine but I will take them out any ideas on something I could put in that side then?

Fanatic
oh okay. yes I do. I tested for a week with no fish in it and nothing happend so I figured it was fine but I will take them out any ideas on something I could put in that side then?

I have hiding logs, moss balls, and small river rocks in my divided 10 gallon.
You could always put little glass marbles, those would look good

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Iverg1
Replies
Views
Al913
2 3
Replies
Views
Fanatic