Male betta in breeder box with female betta

MrFishkeeper1

Can I keep a male betta in a breeder box on the inside of a tank with a female betta sorority for a week or two? Please help, I dont know when this betta will be sold and an answer soon would be appreciated.

jkkgron2

No. He’d be better off in his own tank. Personally I would go out and get him a 5 gallon, a filter, and a heater. Both he and the females would get stressed out together. It may also cause the females to have eggs which could lead to them becoming egg bound.

Upvote 0

Fisch

I am not sure if this is such a good idea as this will be major stress on all of them. Maybe if you cover the sides so none of them could see through, then it may work.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

I have a spare 10 gallon but I suppose a tank divider would work. The betta I found was at a petco and he was perfect though, but I can find other perfect bettas online either way.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

The betta i want is a:
Koi (check)
Giant (check)
Good with other fish (check)
Jaw dropping colors (check)
Every (check) is what he is. I'm going crazy, my impulse is going insane.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

What is your guys opinion? I am going to be setting up a 75 gallon soon and I wanted a perfect betta for it. I will then have the betta for 20$ and risk not getting ick or something else and killing my other fish (they are old either way). Or I could get another betta just as good as him online for 50-80$.

Upvote 0

Fisch

Is it a local f
The betta i want is a:
Koi (check)
Giant (check)
Good with other fish (check)
Jaw dropping colors (check)
Every (check) is what he is. I'm going crazy, my impulse is going insane.
Is he at a local fish store? They may put him on hold for you.
If it is just for a week or so, you could have him either in a plastic tub with heater and filter and an IAL, like a QT. Daily WC are a must, but he should do fine.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

Is it a local f

Is he at a local fish store? They may put him on hold for you.
If it is just for a week or so, you could have him either in a plastic tub with heater and filter and an IAL, like a QT. Daily WC are a must, but he should do fine.

He is at a petco.
Edit: so no I can't have him held for me.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

I have a spare 10 gallon but I suppose a tank divider would work. The betta I found was at a petco and he was perfect though, but I can find other perfect bettas online either way.
I think the 10g would be great for a week. Just make sure to transfer some filter media so that it will be cycled.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

I think the 10g would be great for a week. Just make sure to transfer some filter media so that it will be cycled.

Probably a good idea, but i don't know if i should control my impulse or if I should get him either choice isn't wrong or right in my opinion.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Probably a good idea, but i don't know if i should control my impulse or if I should get him either choice isn't wrong or right in my opinion.
As long as you can move over some cycled filter media for the 10 gallon I think you could get him!

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

Ok, the problem is I don't have a extra filter so I would have to buy another one. I could move over a piece of media from my filter on the 10 gal filter and a piece of decor with 3 little anubias nana plants just in case there isn't enough media.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

I think I'll wait till tomorrow just cause I'm at my grandmas right now and its a long drive back to my house and I dont want to do that to my grandma, plus it won't be much work to get it all set up. So I'll let fate decide this one.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

Thanks everyone for contributing.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
devsi