Male Betta and Harlequin Rasboras in 40 Breeder

Sorg67

The tank has one Male betta four Harlequin Rasboras and around 15 guppies
How does this stocking work? I have 20 Harlequin Rasboras and some juvenile guppies in a 40 breeder. Considering adding a Male Betta. Read Harlequin Rasboras and Bettas do well together. Is that your experience?

Sorg67

I went ahead and put my male Betta in with the Harlequins and guppies. So far so good. I put them in with the lights out. Will see if he goes on the warpath when the lights come on.

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

All depends on the demeanor of your betta. But being a 40B it has a nice footprint where I think they could keep their distance from each other. I had a couple guppies in wit my male betta but he chased them every now n then so I removed them and I have ember tetras in with the same betta and he doesn’t bother them at all. This is a small 5.5... I would keep an eye on the guppies personally especially if some start getting nice coloration the betta could see it as competition

Upvote 0

Sorg67

So far so good. I learned that Bettas and Harlequin Rasboras come from the same area and same type of water so they are often good tank mates. My Betta was aggressive with guppies when I tried that. But he is not aggressive towards the Rasboras and the Rasboras pretty much ignore him. There are some guppies in the tank as well. He seems okay with them too. Maybe he has mellowed a bit with age.

My Betta explores every corner of the tank from end to end and top to bottom. It makes me believe that larger tanks are preferred for Bettas.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
vicallas
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
  • Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids