Male And Female Divided Tank. Question

1. DuaneReads Member Member

Is it safe to keep a male and female betta in a 10 gallon tank divided with one of those whole dividers as long as they have no way to get to one another and very little chance to see one another? 84a6931bccba7072e9a8ad8718f4c559--betta-tank-pet-fish.jpg
  2. devin s. Member Member

I would only have 2 bettas max. with a 10 gallon divided tank. Each betta with need 4-5 and they are only getting around 2.5 gallons each to swim around in. Seeing as you picture has it split into 4, they are getting less than enough space in my opinion. Just know you may get quite a lot of backlash for a having a divided tank as people have very different opinions on them.

3. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

some people dont really recommend having a female in a divided tank with males since they will sometimes get egg-bound from their hormones being released into the water
  4. DuaneReads Member Member

The one in the picture isn’t mine, I’m asking for a word gallon divided in 2 with that kind of divider from the picture which I got off the Internet.

5. devin s. Member Member

It's just risky no matter the genders. I would keep a backup tank just in case something goes wrong. :)