5 Gallon Tank Malaysian Trumpet Snails

CrystalStar92

Hi, if I add Malaysian Trumpet snails to a five gallon fish tank with one Dwarf Pea Puffer fish, will this over load the tank? I am hopping that the Pea Puffer will help keep the Malaysian Trumpet snail population in check by eating them. Does anyone have any experience mixing the Puffer Fish and the snails? I am going to try and wing it but I would rather have some info first.

JustAFishServant

Hi, if I add Malaysian Trumpet snails to a five gallon fish tank with one Dwarf Pea Puffer fish, will this over load the tank? I am hopping that the Pea Puffer will help keep the Malaysian Trumpet snail population in check by eating them. Does anyone have any experience mixing the Puffer Fish and the snails? I am going to try and wing it but I would rather have some info first.

Great questions!! Well, firstly, Malaysian Trumpet Snails do not have a very high bio-load, unlike many other Snails. But it's not the Snails I'm worried about...

A Pea Puffer's diet naturally consists of small crustaceans, as well as insect larvae, bloodworms, fish eggs, and more. But the only issue with these adorable little Puffers is that they tend to overeat......a lot. Even if you want the Snails to breed so that he has a consistent supply of food, he may just eat all of them before they even get the chance! Just a warning for you, but otherwise, your setup sounds perfect, and if you ask me, I think you should go for it!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Sarahboone811
  • Snails
Replies
Views
KingOscar
Replies
Views
ChrisBoffer
  • Finatic005
  • Snails
Replies