Malaysian Trumpet Snail Advice

Flyaway Soul

I'm wanting to put some MTS in my 82gal hex to add to my cleanup crew. I just wanted to know they would do well in a deeper tank and if it would be advisable to plan on getting a couple assassin snails later to help keep the population under control or if it would be fine as long as I don't over feed?

I really want something that will help clean old plant matter from my water wisteria and keep my sand sifted. From what I've read, MTS are perfect, but I've also read that they can get out of hand. I do have a lot of wisteria that I like to let overgrow a bit. Will that make it harder to control the amount of snails?

Also, where should I look into buying them? My LFS refuses to order any because people consider them to be pests and in the past they've lost customers over a stray snail ending up on their plants.

Blacksheep1

They’ll do fine in any depth of tank. They’ll only explode to the food allowed then tail off , so initially you may see a boom based in the plant matter available but left alone they’ll settle to a level that is controllable. . You’ll barely see them anyway !! I’m a huge mts fan :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Sarahboone811
  • Snails
Replies
Views
KingOscar
Replies
Views
ChrisBoffer
Replies
Views
MacZ