Making the ol' switcheroo

Cody6511

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So i am finally going to convert my HOB filters to a canister and I have the choice narrowed down to two. I have read a lot of good things about the Rena FX3 filter and that is the way I am leaning but I also have heard good about the JBJ Reaction filter. I am leaning towards the Rena because of all the API products that are made specially for it, and I have had great experiences with API products. But I am open to suggestions. I am not looking to spend over $180 though.

Thanks!

Cody6511

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the advice everyone. Jaysee what does the FX3 come with media wise out of the box? What types of media are you using for your tank because i know that i have read there are lots of options available.
Thanks!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for the advice everyone. Jaysee what does the FX3 come with media wise out of the box? What types of media are you using for your tank because i know that i have read there are lots of options available.
Thanks!
It comes with course foam and fine foam and a pack of stars (biomedia). I've added a lot of biomax and other ceramic rings, as well as felt. Each basket is divided in half. The first one has 2 course foam pads in the lower half and 2 finer foams on top. The next one I have biomax on the bottom and blue bonded filter pad on top. The 3rd basket has the stars and bags of biomax (for QT or new tanks) on the bottom and blue bonded filter pad and felt on the top. That's how I have mine.

Cody6511

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok great! and how would you recomend setting one up for a tank that is well established? Thanks for your great help!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom