Making Sure All Fish Get Fed

Joker77

Reaction score
I,ve got a variety of fish with different food requirements. What's the best way of figuring out what is the right amounts to feed them.

It's a new tank so very very little natural algae for them to eat yet. My biggest concern is with the newest member a BN pleco. He is super shy and hasn't really come out since I got him. I throw a couple algae wafers in at night when I shut the lights off but the couple snails quickly claI'm them and what's left the BN doesn't seem to eat anyway.

I feed the tetras and dannio flake food in the mornings then usually the kuhlI loaches come out in the evenings to be fed sinking shrimp pellets. The Dannios really love these pellets too and I feel there getting overfed since their eating the loaches food.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Joker77 said:
I,ve got a variety of fish with different food requirements. What's the best way of figuring out what is the right amounts to feed them.

It's a new tank so very very little natural algae for them to eat yet. My biggest concern is with the newest member a BN pleco. He is super shy and hasn't really come out since I got him. I throw a couple algae wafers in at night when I shut the lights off but the couple snails quickly claI'm them and what's left the BN doesn't seem to eat anyway.

I feed the tetras and dannio flake food in the mornings then usually the kuhlI loaches come out in the evenings to be fed sinking shrimp pellets. The Dannios really love these pellets too and I feel there getting overfed since their eating the loaches food.
Split the tetra/danio food into two feedings (am and pm) and they won't be as hungry at night, then feed the loaches and pleco a couple hours after lights out. That's what I do with my Cichlids, clown catfish and pleco.

New Threads