Making Aquarium With More Than 6 Sheets

1. FishTankPerson

FishTankPerson Valued Member Member

I have a bunch of acrylic sheets, and im wondering if I can put them together by putting them on top of each other, and side by side each other. I have 14.

2. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Are you trying to make the acrylic thicker by laminating it?

3. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

Like a tank inside a tank kind of thing...?

Well, I mean in theory it might work, doubt it will in practice, and it won't look nice and it will be very opaque... How thick is your acrylic?

4. sweendog87

sweendog87 Valued Member Member

You haven't really asked much in your question we need specifics you don't mean you want to try and join the sheets to make a longer tank do you no way too week unless you meant putting together to make it twice as thick then that would work not sure how clear looking thru 2 sheets would be tho check out the DIY king on YouTube he has heaps of tank builds acrylic glass and plywood tanks he's great he makes things easy to follow

5. OP
    OP
    FishTankPerson

Sorry I didn't give you enough info, I was thinking of making the aquarium with 6 sheets on the bottom, and and then making it one high. So using 16 different pieces. I know it would look ugly, but would it really not work. I was thinking of trying to support it with plywood or something on each crack.

6. OP
    OP
    FishTankPerson

For a little more info

Attached Files:

7. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

How big is this and how thick is the acrylic? Maybe you don't have to use plywood. Is this a fish tank?

8. OP
    OP
    FishTankPerson

Ok I figured out how its going to go and almost done putting together the frame Ill make sure to post a pic when its done if you want to see it. Thanks For Help.