Making an indoor pond!

1. Fibsog Initiate Member

Hey guys, i have decided to make an indoor pond. Due to friends' donations and spare decor, its almost ready! It will be in a 30 gallon storage bin. (NO HOLES) i figure i will get 2 goldies. I hope it goes well :) when set up fully i will update! ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1404369869.181768.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Hi. You may want to consider building a frame around to brace the container. I have some similar containers to catch water and over time they start to bow out.

3. Fibsog Initiate Member

Would that cause a problem? Or is it just unappealing

4. jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Well it'll cause a problem when it eventually breaks. As to how long that'll take, no idea.

5. Fibsog Initiate Member

Oh :/ thanks for telling me!

6. FiscCyning Member Member

It would be super easy to make a simple 2x4 frame for it with just basic tools.

7. Fibsog Initiate Member

Yeah, sorry guys :p i disassembled it today. I am getting a 29g goldfish tank soon instead :) sorry again :( my parents would not agree to it.

8. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

"Mom...dad... I've really thought this through... I want a pond in my room."

Two things about this...

1. I've had the same conversation with my wife with similar results.
    2. What a wonderful strategy to get a new fish tank approved!

Gratz!

9. Fibsog Initiate Member

Haha i tried that and just about anything else, but they were stubborn. However, my father agreed to get a 29G Goldie tank after my vacation, so mid july.