Making a red lava rock hard scape 50 gallon

Spartacus1738

Lbh 30x25x22 inches 50 gallon or more
For 20 tiger barbs and panda 2-3 corydoras.

pls suggest are they a good match
Any ideas for hardscape and plants.
This amazonia soil version 2
I disturbed the soil few time while placing the rocks i think rocks are less too but this is what i got

Attachments

• 1297A4DC-662E-49CF-B3CF-315D67D130C5.jpeg
    1297A4DC-662E-49CF-B3CF-315D67D130C5.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DC8D1019-DC0F-4F66-950E-389ACB0ED9CA.jpeg
    DC8D1019-DC0F-4F66-950E-389ACB0ED9CA.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 39
  • 70EF333C-6A58-4C41-9FD8-0A822A86CF69.jpeg
    70EF333C-6A58-4C41-9FD8-0A822A86CF69.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 39

LadfromLondon

I would glue a Java fern on the corner of one rock and let it grow out, then smaller plants like Anubias upfront.

It might just be the pictures, but that really doesn’t seem like enough footprint for 20 tiger barbs to swim around all day. Also, you’d want to keep at least 6 Corydoras for them to feel at home.

Upvote 0

wateriswet

That's going to look awesome once you get it planted! Have you considered cherry barbs instead of tiger? They're peaceful instead of aggressive and I think their red coloring would look great with your rocks.

Upvote 0

Basil

I wouldn’t do tiger barbs in that tank. They are very active and a longer tank is best for them. I second cherry barbs though. And they would be a better choice with the corys.

Upvote 0

Spartacus1738

I would glue a Java fern on the corner of one rock and let it grow out, then smaller plants like Anubias upfront.

It might just be the pictures, but that really doesn’t seem like enough footprint for 20 tiger barbs to swim around all day. Also, you’d want to keep at least 6 Corydoras for them to feel at home.
Thank you so much for replying i understand the tiger barbs need longer space and i have a more square type of tank.
Plus thank you for the plant ideas also
Thank you f
I wouldn’t do tiger barbs in that tank. They are very active and a longer tank is best for them. I second cherry barbs though. And they would be a better choice with the corys.
Thank you for replying i looked cherry barbs on google and loved them will definitely consider them by looking at some other tank mates also i liked the panda corydoras for bottom but some other tank mate also.
Please suggest me no. Of cherry barbs i can house in this tank it more of a square tank.
Again thank you for the suggestion with cherry barbs.
That's going to look awesome once you get it planted! Have you considered cherry barbs instead of tiger? They're peaceful instead of aggressive and I think their red coloring would look great with your rocks.
Thank you so much wateriswet and i looked at cherry barbs online they look greattt i really liked them and will definitely consider a community tank with them.
Again thank you.

Upvote 0

Basil

I’m a bit conservative when it comes to stocking but I would start with 12 cherry barbs and at least 6 corys and see how it looks.
And with cherry barbs, you want a minimum ratio of at least two female per male. They are extremely easy to sex as only the males are bright red. But the females color up to a gorgeous coppery color. I currently have 2 males and 6 females in my 40 breeder barb tank.
And I think adding some Italian vals in the middle to back, contrasted with both anubias and java fern on the rocks would look awesome. Then toward the front you could plant some smaller crypts like wendti and willisi or dwarf sag.

Upvote 0

Spartacus1738

I’m a bit conservative when it comes to stocking but I would start with 12 cherry barbs and at least 6 corys and see how it looks.
And with cherry barbs, you want a minimum ratio of at least two female per male. They are extremely easy to sex as only the males are bright red. But the females color up to a gorgeous coppery color. I currently have 2 males and 6 females in my 40 breeder barb tank.
And I think adding some Italian vals in the middle to back, contrasted with both anubias and java fern on the rocks would look awesome. Then toward the front you could plant some smaller crypts like wendti and willisi or dwarf sag.
Thank you for such value info i have some issues selecting the proper light for this tank and i know nothing about light how these works with plants and fish

Upvote 0

Basil

Thank you for such value info i have some issues selecting the proper light for this tank and i know nothing about light how these works with plants and fish
Start a new thread asking about lighting. I think there is a lights section. I use Finnex planted 24/7 in all my tanks but I program a custom time as the default setting provides too much light tor most tanks.
But there are other lighting options that I have not explored.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
50 Gallon Tank Need help with the lights
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views