Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow fish fanatics?
I found a log out in the woods and want to make it into a cool decoration
Iv already taken all the bark off and saw the holes in it
I wanna know what y'all think would look cool
I'm thinking about fake plants and prolong it up on a large rock
I also have know idea why kind of wood it is
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1479341711.967486.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1479341724.506055.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1479341733.958578.jpg

nacPhoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Very cool! One idea I have from seeing it is having it emerge from a pile of rocks and having plants growing in those crevices and holes.
Not sure what tank it's going in though, and it's just a first-glance idea, but perhaps worth a shot? ;D

Taritus

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like the idea !
Do u mean straight up or on side
What plants do u think would look good?

nacPhoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe diagonally, with the flat end in the rocks and the pointier end facing slightly upwards.
For plants, I'm no expert, so there aren't really many that I can recommend. It's mostly up to personal taste
A few clusters of anubias scattered could be pretty cool looking, and maybe a moss like mini fissidens creeping up the branch (although mini fissidens I find can be a little expensive). Other than that, I don't have a wide knowledge of plants, I'm still exploring the whole botany aspect of aquariums ;D
Looking forward to see what you make of it!

Taritus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for your view I can defently see that as a possibility for my 100g

Beth98

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That is one pretty stick.

I agree with nac on propping one end up; makes it look more natural. Java moss and Java fern seem to be both popular and cheap live plants, or you can look for plastic imitations (think: what could you see growing on a log out in the woods?). If you want your decorations to look as pleasing to the eye as possible, find a balance, but don't make it symmetrical. (One large decoration on one side, three small decorations on the other side, etc.)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom