Making a Jave Moss wall help

1. hud316 Member Member

Hi

I am based in the UK and looking for a bit of help re: getting my hands on the perfect plastic mesh to create a Java Moss wall.

I have seen various pics on this site of a Java moss wall and think it looks fantastic. I went about going to the trouble of trying to make one myself with little success.

I struggled to find a suitable plastic/mesh in the UK with the correct size of holes (approx 2cm high and 2cm wide) to keep the moss secure but enough for it to flow out the holes.

My tank is 52cm wide and 38 cm high so I'd be looking for a piece of plastic maybe 60 cm wide x 80 cm high

I know this is a bit random but if anyone has any online links to pet stores, department stores in the US/Canada etc that have what I am after or would send this out to the Uk could you please forward it on.

Cheers

I will try and get a picture up of my token effort Java Moss wall I have in the tank at the moment which might explain more clearly what I am after and why

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

What a great idea! I bet it's going to look great.
    You can get the plastic mesh at craft stores and easily make the holes bigger.

Good luck, can't wait for pics!

3. hud316 Member Member

Do you have the name of any USA/CANADIAN craft stores who would maybe sell the mesh online?

Can't find anything suitable in the UK

4. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Also there is a video on the forum of how to do it yourself and its really cool. Good Luck

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Do you have a walmart? They sell it also.

6. hud316 Member Member

Walmart...hmm not sure, but I can check online so thats a start

Cheers :;toast

7. jclee Well Known Member Member

I've also seen it done with mosquito netting or fiberglass window screening.

8. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Check craft Stores as mentioned above and sewing stores that had Needle Point or Rug making materials. I doubt any aquarium or Pet places will have much of anything for a "Do It Yourself Project"/