Make up a fish

Pythia

How this works is that everyone makes up their own type of fish that doesn't exist yet, it can be a mix of a bunch of different fish or even a mix of a few types of fish and other animal species! You have to include the size, habitat, whether it's carnivorous, omnivorous, or herbivorous and the different colors that they can be and how to tell sex them.

My made up fish is the singing angel betta, it's part betta part angelfish with actual angel wings and it lives in the clouds and also spends a lot of time all tropical rivers. They have beautiful fins like bettas but they have the body of an angelfish. They can also make a beautiful sound through it's gills like singing. They come in many different colors like white, the most common colour, light blue, green, red, pink, and they could also be multiple different colors at the same time. You can sex them by looking at their fins, the males have longer fins, their body shape, females are larger, and their scales, the males have brighter scales that sometimes glow, not like glofish but like a faint light.

What are your made up fish?

goldface

Octopus + shark = Sharktopus! It's a completely original idea . . .

FinalFins

Vampire betta... totally not stolen

Level99Fishing

Two things I wish for:
1. Dwarf discus
2. Jumbo Rummynose

goldface

There were true freshwater sharks before they became extinct. I want them back.

SM1199

Dwarf koI that retain all the regular features, colors, and shape of koi, just in, like, a 3" max version. So people can have minI apartment-friendly koI "ponds."

TWiG87

I think any of the real large species in a dwarf version would be cool. Dwarf red tail cat, dwarf Oscars, heck even dwarf sting rays and other rays would be awesome

jkkgron2

giraffe fish
They live in shallow areas because they are labyrinth fish like bettas and need to be able to stick their very long necks out of the water to take a breath of air when the water is poorly oxygenated. They resemble a orange-yellow goldfish shape and color wise except for the fact that they can stretch their necks duper far. The only known way to tell if they are male or female is by looking at their scales, the male’s scales tend to be more yellow and the female’s more orange. Oh and they only eat bananas

Pythia

All these ideas are so creative and cool!

Pythia

I just came up with a new type of fish, the octo-guppy!

The octo-guppy is like a normal guppy except they have eight tails and they can swim really fast when they use all eight of their tails. The down side of having so many tails is that they can get ripped up easily so when you choose their decor, don't use something too sharp. Also, when choosing tank mates, don't choose any fin nippers. The octo-guppy also needs a bigger tank then the regular guppy because they like to swim at full speed and will need a lot of room.

Here's another type of fish, the sorry fish.

The reason why the sorry fish is called that is because pretty much everyone feels sorry for them. The sorry fish is a combination of two types of fish and has two heads, there is no exact combination for the sorry fish but one of the heads is always the head of a molly, the sorry fish also has the body of a molly and it's requirements are the same as the requirements of a molly. The other head is always the head of a fish that doesn't get along well with the mollies, they're stuck together, they wanna fight but can't, it's hard not to feel sorry for the sorry fish.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

African Barking Fish. They jump around and bark when an intruder enters their home.

I once actually tricked my mom into thinking that a guppy at the LFS was an African barking fish. LOL

Pythia

Canacullus said:
I once actually tricked my mom into thinking that a guppy at the LFS was an African barking fish. LOL
How did you do that?

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

We were having a discussion about whether dogs or fish are better, and i said fish are more practical. She said that fish don’t bark at intruders, and i told her that African barking fish do, so i went and found a guppy and said that it is an African barking fish. then she read the label and got super confused, and when i started laughing hysterically she figured it out LOL.

Pythia

Lol! I can't believe you actually managed that!

Pythia

Wait, you used to be Aquanerd, right?

MacZ

scarface said:
There were true freshwater sharks before they became extinct. I want them back.
The Glyphis genus and Carcharhinus leucas are not enough, hm? You need 100% freshwater?

goldface

MacZ said:
The Glyphis genus and Carcharhinus leucas are not enough, hm? You need 100% freshwater?
Yes, 100 percent living and breeding in freshwater lakes and rivers.

MacZ

scarface said:
Yes, 100 percent living and breeding in freshwater lakes and rivers.
You got some standards... But why take a copy if you can get the real deal, right?

NevermindIgnoreMe

Cyprinus Papilio Auratus. "Golden butterfly carp"
Butterfly (telescope) goldfish, but they actually have metal scales. When fed crushed tulip or violet petals, they're tails expand and they can fly at night. They will need to be back to water in by the next day, or they will overheat. They are very rare, only found near mountain rivers. They eat mosquitos and drink nectar. In winter, they breed in trees overwater, and in spring the eggs hatch, and fry fall into the water. They take a year to mature and be able to fly. The metal scales provide much protection, and they have no natural predators, but they only lay 3 eggs a year.
They can be gold or rose gold in breeding season as males, and the females are silver but in breeding season they are sprinkled with copper.
Would it not be hilarious to have flying, invincible, metal goldfish?? They would be so clumsy it would be awesome lol.

MacZ

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Aureus Papilio Cyprinus. "Golden butterfly carp"
Butterfly (telescope) goldfish, but they actually have metal scales. When fed crushed tulip or violet petals, they're tails expand and they can fly at night. They will need to be back to water in by the next day, or they will overheat. They are very rare, only found near mountain rivers. They eat mosquitos and drink nectar. In winter, they breed in trees overwater, and in spring the eggs hatch, and fry fall into the water. They take a year to mature and be able to fly. The metal scales provide much protection, and they have no natural predators, but they only lay 3 eggs a year.
They can be gold or rose gold in breeding season as males, and the females are silver but in breeding season they are sprinkled with copper.
Would it not be hilarious to have flying, invincible, metal goldfish?? They would be so clumsy it would be awesome lol.
According to scientific naming rules the name would be either Papiliocyprinus auratus or Cyprinus aureopapilio (or was it -us?).

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

NBettas83

Slav Fish
These are flexible, unique fish that live in the slums of Moscow. These fish are black and yellow with a tracksuit design all over the fins, the males have larger tracksuits. These fish are Omnivorous eating only Chebureki and Semechki. They are able to flex their fins in a certain way to make is look like they are Slav squatting. They range in size from 2" to 6'.

Pythia

The blueberry fish

These fish live in pretty much any place that's suitable for blueberrys to grow. The fish is a blueberry with fins, a tail, gills, a mouth, and eyes.They are carnivorous and they eat birds. Their appearance attract birds and then... THEY EAT THEM!!!! The birds get eaten, not the fish. The males have a darker colour and are smaller while the females have lighter colour and are larger.

Also, they're larger than the average blueberry.

NevermindIgnoreMe

MacZ said:
According to scientific naming rules the name would be either Papiliocyprinus auratus or Cyprinus aureopapilio (or was it -us?).
I wasn't really going for scientific, I just liked the sound of it. Technically since adjectives come after verbs it would probably be Cyprinus Papilio Auratus though if it's just the translation of the name anyways, not the scientific name, so I changed it.

Falena

Rainbow Gobeel!
A brightly coloured true freshwater eel that walks on its pectoral fins like a goby when it's not swimming.
It only grows to a maximum of 8 inches for males and 7 inches for females.
Males are chocolate coloured with a pale cream underbelly and a dark almost black head and horizontal stripe running down the top half of the body that bleeds out into a spotted pattern towards the tail end. They display vivid irridescent markings in hues of blue, pink and purple resembling tribal war paint on the face and peacock spotting on their dorsal, anal and tail fins.
Females are almost as colourful but their colouring appears lighter and in more pastel shades without the metallic irridescence on the coloured spots and facial markings.
It feeds on insects and small invertebrates. And prefers temperatures ranging from 76-82

I want to draw this fish now

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom