Make pictures smaller

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I used the free resizer from the picture thread, and it made the picture appear smaller, but the file size was the same. How do i make the file size smaller? My pictures are about 2.00 MB a piece and the fish lore max is 976.6 KB (less than 1 MB). Thanks.

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What type of file is your pic? If it'sa bmp file it can easily be changed with MS paint that comes with windows. Just open the pic you wanna change in paint, click file in the top left and hit save as, when window opens up use drop down menu and select jpeg and hit save(make sure you save it somewhere easy to find like the desktop. If happy with the quality in jpeg form it will be significantly smaller. Also you will now have 2 versions, the original does not get deleted.This works with some other file types as well but some will not be compatible with paint.

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I used the free resizer from the picture thread, and it made the picture appear smaller, but the file size was the same. How do i make the file size smaller? My pictures are about 2.00 MB a piece and the fish lore max is 976.6 KB (less than 1 MB). Thanks.
http://picresize.com does reduce file size as well, as shown in the attached example.

resized.jpg

What settings did you use to resize the image?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom