*major* rehoming

Asomeone

Apparently, i cant even post advice on rehoming my fishies without being flagged on facebook...While i am a saltwater keeper who has gone through this group with a couple of vouches to buy coral or trade products I am trying to downsize my freshwater group of tanks. As of the moment I have a group of 6 firemouth cichlids with a dual breeding pair and i have no idea where to even attempt to give them away. As I'm sure yall understand these fish are close to my heart I grew them from much smaller fish after obtaining them from a friend who could no longer keep them. As life moves on i find myself in a similar boat and want to keep them thriving. They are currently in a 55gal with a 40 gal sump, heavily planted. i am absolutely not trying to make any money off the fish only to see them off to an owner with a properly sized and optimally conditioned tank. I can help out with equipment for reduced cost...but i just don't wanna give em to my local pet store. called the owner today and he told me he'd sell em back for about 5 a fish...and considering they've been with me 4 years...that just hits wrong.
Edit so yall don't think I'm just an ass. I work upwards of 100 hours on the ambulances and i even on my days off i just don't find the reward that i do with my salty tanks and i think if I'm just doing the basic of the basic to keep em going they deserve to go somewhere where they will be appreciated like i used to when i had a lot more time.
This was copy pasted from my post on a local group but basically Im out of ideas. There craigslist...but yall should know how that is rehoming fish you care about....I don't really know what I should do.

erinw347

You could try posting in the BSTF section. I’m sure lots of people would be willing to pay shipping, and you’re way more likely to find a good fish keeper here than anywhere else. What I plan to do with my fry is, make a google form with some questions so you know they exact conditions your fish are going to.

Kribensis27

erinw347 said:
You could try posting in the BSTF section. I’m sure lots of people would be willing to pay shipping, and you’re way more likely to find a good fish keeper here than anywhere else. What I plan to do with my fry is, make a google form with some questions so you know they exact conditions your fish are going to.
Wow, a google form is a really good idea. I think I’ll do that if I ever need to rehome anyone.

kansas

I found some one to take a couple fish I wanted to rehome by posting on craigslist. I think you have to ask a "nominal" fee for the animal. I asked for $1.

You might find a local club on facebook that would help you out.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom