Major Fin Rot

Goober1250

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have had my betta for a few months now and over the past 1 or 2 days he has just sat on the bottom of the tank and hasn't eaten, when I go to see if hes alive (by brushing water around him) he darts around very quickly and returns to the same spot on the ground. I looked online and did the obvious research so I purchased a full test kit for the water. My temperature fine, my pH fine, my Ammonia fine, my Nitrite fine and my Nitrate fine so i'm really lost. I do weekly water changes his tank is clean from algae, he has live plants and is in a 10L tank I feed him omega one pellets, usually 3 in the morning and night, around 8'o'clock each time. I am just hoping for an insight to help my poor boy, but I have looked all over google and forums but there has been no answer to my problem. Thank you for any and all answers

scohen

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Please don’t just say your tank parameters are ‘fine’, please just test them and state the results.

OP
Goober1250

Goober1250

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
scohen said:
Please don’t just say your tank parameters are ‘fine’, please just test them and state the results.
Oh by fine I meant that they were all the correct amounts with temp being 24 degrees c, ph being 6.8, ammonia being 0 ppm, nitrates being 0 ppm and nitrite being 0 ppm... Sorry for the confusion but what I was trying to say is that a lot of answers for my problems go back to water parameters and mine are normal and have no weird spikes. This is why I have been searching for other answers, Thank you

scohen

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you’re feeding your Betta six pellets per day, that could be too much for him. I’d definitely try to shorten his diet to four pellets per day and see how that works for you.
Look at his fins and look for any frayed or ripped, darker areas. It’s possible he could have fin rot.
Look at his body and face and check for any white spots.

OP
Goober1250

Goober1250

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
scohen said:
If you’re feeding your Betta six pellets per day, that could be too much for him. I’d definitely try to shorten his diet to four pellets per day and see how that works for you.
Look at his fins and look for any frayed or ripped, darker areas. It’s possible he could have fin rot.
Look at his body and face and check for any white spots.
I have seen signs of fin rot, and he hasn't eaten for a day now but I will cut his diet down, and are these signs of fin rot?, and do you recommend and special treatment to fix him up?

OP
Goober1250

Goober1250

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, Confirmed fin rot... But I have no clue why and these pictures make me very sad, I hadn't noticed how much he had changed from when I first got him. I have always changed the water, looked after him, I would never treat him poorly, I love him to death. But these clearly show that I have been miss treating him and I feel guilty and terrible. Words cannot express how bad I feel, I turned his beautiful blue and white fins into torn rotted fins... Will he ever come right and regrow his fins? What do I do know as I understand I have let this happen to long and it is now an urgent matter? and what should I do to prevent this happening again? ;( I feel really bad

Attachments

New Threads