Maintenance Question

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by isacr, Jul 12, 2015.

1. i

isacr Valued Member Member

What is the best feeding/ cleaning routine for my tank? I have a 29 gallon with 8 tiger barbs and 2 gbr. My filter is a marineland penguin 350.

Sent from my HTC One using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I feed my fish once per day, sparingly. Using a variety of foods from sticks and pellets to fresh veggies (romaine and zucchni) freeze dried (presoaked) foods and frozen foods.

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarist/102685-new-fish-food.html

I suggest weekly water changes of 50 to 75%. Filter maintenance will be determined by the amount of stock you have in your aquarium. You do not want to do all of your aquarium/filter maintenance at the same time to help prevent a mini cycle with increased ammonia levels. Example, water change this week, after a few days, do filter maintenance. This will help to preserve the beneficial bacteria needed to sustain the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle.

Everyone's routine is different and I'm sure you'll find your routine before long. :)

Ken

3. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

Depending on the tank and what is in it I feed mine once, twice, & three times per day.

I feed a variety of flakes, pellets, discs, frozen foods and diff brands.

I clean/wc once a week.

4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

All of the above posters gave excellent advise. You have set yourself up for success by keeping your tank moderately and wisely stocked.

5. OP
    OP
    i

isacr Valued Member Member

What food should I get?( add a bumblebee catfish the small version). I feed them so far omega one flakes in the morning and night and twice a feed frozen blood worms. What else should I add to the routine??

Sent from my HTC One using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

There is no set answer to your question other than try different items and find out for yourself what your particular fish enjoy.

Just one of the hobbies enjoyments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice