Magnetic algae scrubber stuck on glass

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by schmartiepantz, Jul 6, 2015.

1. schmartiepantzNew MemberMember

Okay, so I was going to scrub one of my tanks with the magnetic algae scrubber and noticed that the piece of the scrubber that goes on the outside of the tank was stuck to the glass, even after I removed the other piece. I've been trying to pull it off the aquarium, but I'm afraid the glass will break if I pull too hard.

Now, my questions are:

What could have caused this?
    How can I prevent this from happening in the future?
    How do I get it off the glass?

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Bump!

Thanks!

Ken

3. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Slide it all the way to the edge of the tank and it should slide off. No idea what would have caused this as I've never used one myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. leftswerve

leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

As odd as that sounds to me, I'll make a blind stab:
    What could have caused this? The felt came off, and the adhesive that holds it did not. Or the adhesive oozed through the felt from the heat of the tank. Or Aliens.
    How can I prevent this from happening in the future? Don't leave it on the tank.
    How do I get it off the glass? Without seeing it and not knowing your mechanical abilities, I hesitate to say anything, but my first thought, with exterior glass and no edges of silicone near by, would be a razor. However that could be a disaster if you're not careful.
    Maybe those ideas will give you some food for thought.
    Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice