Magenta Mystery Feeding with RCS

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by ZeeZ, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

I just thought it was neat how the Mystery snail was basically bombed by the RCS but was determined to get food. Pretty neat to watch. This one has had the most growth spurts than either of the other two Purple Mysteries out of the three I got from kp9blc or whatever her name is. One of the Purples is almost only twice its size as the day I got them, the other Purple is at least three times but this Magenta is about four times as big. Weird how they have different growth rates.

Anyway, enjoy!

[video=youtube;PdCf6sGvim4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCf6sGvim4[/video]

2. MagooFishlore VIPMember

That is pretty cool Zeez beautiful snail and Shrimpies :)

3. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Thanks for sharing the video Zeez!

Ken

4. JunneFishlore LegendMember

Cute! The one I got from her that's similar to yours has grown maybe twice the original size but the one lone cream/magenta is still the same size. They all get the same food and feed about the same. I'm thinking the darker purples are the females ;)

5. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Maybe it is a male. I have no idea about the growth rates of males VS females. It certainly doesn't mind battling the RCS for food while the others seem to be more timid. I'd love to find a good-looking Blue Mystery. That would produce neat offsprings.

Thanks for the compliments!

6. JunneFishlore LegendMember

Of all of the known males and females I have had, the females seem to be double of the size of the males..... I don't know if this is fact or not, just based on the mystery snails I have had.... :)

7. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Kinda scary LOL

8. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

My known males and females are the same size.... may i ask zeez what do you feed your RCS and MS?

P.s. when i order shrimp again i may end up getting them from you... holy cow some of those are a striking red!

9. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Please do! ;)

I feed them these -

and

They all come running the moment the sticks hits the water. Even my Blue Pearls/Jellies too. They'll finish off 8 sticks in about a day or two and my Blue Pearls/Jellies polishes three off overnight. Bought them both about five months ago and I'm not even halfway through the bags. Excellent bang for the buck.

10. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Ohh gonna hafta order these!

11. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

They're great, but definitely don't use them with gravel unless you plan on gravel vacuuming a lot. They disintegrate pretty quickly and fall into the gravel where the shrimp can't get at it. That's why you see me using a terra cotta feeding dish.

12. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Nope my shrimp tanks are all sanded!

13. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Go for it!

14. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

I love the snail! My zilla used to do that too. It was so funny watching the big prego walk on her foot til shed leave the food shell.

15. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I plan too! I am going to go with the mixed bag instead o the struck veggie one... plus I use freshwater clam shells to eed now (stole that idea from featherblue) so no need to worry about that :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice