Made An Appointment To Pick Up A Tank Tonight....

Natalya

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was going to go and pick up a tank and few things tonight and my 4yr old developed fever 1 hr before we had to leave. I was gonna take him with me, because I have nobody to leave him with, but of course now I'm not going anywhere.... I don't think the lady believed me, she virtually yelled at me in her message... I offered to come on Tuesday and give her more money, but she won't have it....the funny thing is I went to pick up a tank 2 weeks ago, and the person just never showed up..... I feel bad for wasting her time

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry your son has a fever, that’s never fun for anyone. Try not to feel to to bad, these things happen and there’s nothing you could do to change it. You did the right thing staying with your son and if she doesn’t believe you, well, that’s her problem. You told her what happened and why you couldn’t be there, and the fact that she vitrutallt yelled at you really isn’t a nice thing to do... especially since you really didn’t have any other choice.

Mrsoctober

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Why would she be mad at you? I’ve been trying to sell one of my aquariums on craigslist and the people just never showed up. A text saying that they weren’t going to come would have been appreciated, I had to say no to family plans to be sure to be there. Jerks like that woman are probably the reason I get flaked on. Don’t feel bad at least you sent her a message saying that you weren’t going to be there wasn’t your fault.

OP
N

Natalya

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She just messaged me she was sorry she got so upset...we made another appointment. My son would not leave my lap, poor thing..

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Natalya said:
She just messaged me she was sorry she got so upset...we made another appointment. My son would not leave my lap, poor thing..
That’s good, she probably had something else going on and you were, just, there. Awe, that’s rough. Is he feeling better now?

OP
N

Natalya

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He fell asleep in my lap. He's still hot

California L33

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The problem with selling and even giving things away on CL is the number of no shows. I had a heck of a time giving away a nearly new and enormous (for the time) computer monitor- people would call, say they wanted it, really really wanted it, then no show. I think it took me three tries to give it away. You probably caught her at a bad time with memories of people doing this to her. Glad she apologized and you made arrangements.

Mrsoctober

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry I got a little angry for you on your behalf. It’s definitely tough to sell things to strangers. I hope he feels better soon.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Natalya said:
He fell asleep in my lap. He's still hot
At least he’s able to rest, I’ll send prayers for him to get feeling better.

New Threads