Made a Driftwood Ornament

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by benjaminBreaker, Mar 18, 2010.

1. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

I made this on Monday, it took me a few hours, but I think I did a good job. I took two small pieces of driftwood I would never be able to find a use for, and glued them to a river rock with aquarium sealant. I put an air hose in between the pieces of wood. I melted and clamped the end shut and poked holes all in the tube before the clampped end. Then, I took an old plastic plant and glued the branches to places on the wood and rock.

I keep getting comments from people who come by and see that it looks just like something you would buy at the store! :)

I'm thinking some of the holes got filled in with sealant, because the hose isn't making the same 'air-stone' like effect it was before I put it onto the stone. It still works though, it just doesn't spray like it did before. :(

PICS!!
    DSC01165.JPG

DSC01166.JPG

DSC01171.JPG

DSC01172.JPG
    This is right after I put it into my refurbished tank, it was having some trouble at first, releasing a series of bubbles in bursts rather than a constant stream like it is doing now. It still looks good though.

2. Tana

Tana Valued Member Member

Good job and it looks great in your tank. I like it.:)

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Valued Member Member

Great job! Looks good in the tank. (and store bought BTW)

4. blueiristyson

blueiristyson Valued Member Member

Nice. Great Idea and Great Job

5. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Nice job! Did you buy the wood or find it?

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Good Job! It looks very nice!
    Carol

7. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

My grandpa gave it to me, he found it on the shores of California! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice