Madagascar Lace Plant

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

I have a lace plant and I heard that they will die and come back later. How do I know when this cycle is happening and what do I do

2. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Good Question. I have 2 bulbs for about 3 weeks now. Growing Good!
    Watching!:emoji_eyes:

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

What you need to do is wit for the leaves to wilt a bit.

It's seasonal and you need to remove the bulb.

Cut off all of the leaves and store the bulb in a Ziploc bag of sand and store it in a cool and shaded area.

That's what my research has told me, but I may be wrong.

4. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

It's the first day in the aquarium still so it will brown right? After it gets established and it starts to brown a lot does that mean the season has come? Then I put it in a ziploc bag with the eco complete soin he was in before and put it in the refrigerator? Is this ok?

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

I could be wrong too, but I did a lot of research on Madagascar lace when I was trying to use my lace's flower to make more somehow. lol No luck! haha
    But I read in multiple places that the Madagascar lace (aponogeton madagascariensis) is one aponogeton speices that does NOT need a dormant period. I found that to be interesting.

6. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

I bought the lace plant from my LFS yesterday and a couple hours later I saw a giant stem with a flower on it lol. I swear it wasn't there before. I heard some plants only bloom out of the water so maybe this was the case.