Madagascar Lace (Aponogeton madagascariensis)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by ilikefish, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ilikefishValued MemberMember

I remember seeing this plant a while back but i heard it requires strict water parameters...

My question... Is it really as strict as it seems? All of my plants are flourishing in my plant tank... CO2 and ferts do wonders... but I don't really do much to the water just weekly water changes... Do you think the madagascar lace could grow fine?

Thanks for ya'lls input.

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I have grown them before in a 75g with stock light and no CO2 . They get really tall and tend to get algae in the little fine webbings in the leaves.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    i

ilikefishValued MemberMember

Thank you very much for the info! : )

4. Nutter

NutterFishlore VIPMember

They arn't really that bad to care for. Keep it in soft water with a PH under 7.0 for the best chance of success. They require moderate lighting so if yous is particularly bright then put it in the shade of some floating plants. They are heavy feeders & I had the most success with them using substrate fertiliser tablets. Position in a gentle current to help keep detrius off the leaves & give them a very gently rub down every few days. Otos are good for helping to keep them clean.

5. OP
    OP
    i

ilikefishValued MemberMember

Well thanks Nutter... I guess I need to stock up on peat moss... Water coming out of the line is more than 8.5... My API test kit won't let me test higher but ya my water is deadly... : (

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice