Lunar Eclipse

0morrokh
Any of you seen the lunar eclipse tonight? I'm not that into astronomy but I heard there would be one tonight & had to check it out. In fact where I am (MN) the moon is still partially eclipsed. I'll post pics of it later if anyone's interested.

Added the 2 decent pics I got. You can see the reddish color to the moon. 1st pic was with my cam's night setting so (I think) it has a much slower shutter speed so it pics up more light and color, but I was having trouble holding the cam still so maybe not quite as clear. The 2nd pic was just with the auto setting and actually looks more like how the moon looked to me, although I have kinda bad vision so who knows. The slight reflection of the moon in the 2nd pic was cause I was taking the pics through glass. It's like -20 or -30, no way I was going outside.

Tom
I saw it, but got bored with it after about an hour, so I put on a movie and forgot about it till now. From what I saw, it was really cool, did you see Jupiter and it's rings?
Tom

Narcicius
I didn't see the rings, and it was slow so I decided to get on LIVE and shoot some people.

Lucy
Thanks for reminding me! I just went out to peek at the end of it.

≈ D ≈
I saw some of it but also got bored with it and came on here instead;

COBettaCouple
We had a nice overcast night, so nothing to see here.

Drea
It was very visible here in Michigan...clear cold night. It was even better to see the 2 planets.

andy65
We saw it here. It was 17* or 16* out last night so needless to say, we where not out long to watch it. We just stuck our head out the door and looked.

I am a BIG astronomy buff. The red in the moon is causes by the sun's light going Around the earth's atmosphere the light is then bent and it's wavelength changes. So that is what causes the moon to turn red when it Eclipses.

sirdarksol
I knew about it, but it was freakin' cold out, especially with the wind chill, so I decided to stay in and be a gaming nerd with my friends.

MudHog
Here in LA it was cloudy. Sucked as I just bought myself a Canon Rebel XTI so I was REALLY wanting to try it out on some night shots.

angelfish220
I saw one last summer, it was perfect. then there was one the other night and it was cold and I was like 'already saw one so no way am I going out in the cold to see another.'

Trio123
It was on my birthday here in Virginia but I missed it. I was out delivering news papers and noticed that the clouds were covering the moon in a very strange way... looked like the moon had a bite taken out of it. But alas I continued to deliver my papers without a second thought until the day after when I got on facebook and someone had posted, "great bday present, I never got a lunar eclipse for my birthday".

kra-z-fishmumm
it WAS cold, but went out to try to get a few shots. this is the best I got.

COBettaCouple
Nice shot!

Oil_Fan
I was on a cruise in the Caribbean last week and saw it from the ship. It was very cool. The only problem was that the ship was moving too much to get any good shots of it with my camera. Almost all of the shots look like we have 2 moons!!

MudHog
are you sure you weren't seeing two moons yourself? Being on a cruise I'm sure there was some going around.

Oil_Fan
That is entirely possible!! There was some consumption of numerous beverages!! heh

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Donnerjay
Replies
Views
tunafax
Replies
Views
hollie1505
Replies
Views