Lumpy Betta. 911

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by soltarianknight, Jan 7, 2013.

1. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I kind of have an idea already about whats wrong, but i want to be wrong just this once.

Lyra, my older female betta who I have had for around 2 years or so is showing some pretty bad lumps today. They have been showing up over the past few weeks i want to say. I havn't been monitoring her too much aside from feeding and cleaning.

What scares me is that she isn't showing any signs of discomfort yet and the lumps are not symmetrical. If anyone has any ideas other then cancer/tumors let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Do they come and go? Look kind of like cysts to me. Is she a cup betta?

3. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Nope, steadily growing. She is my only walmart betta. I jus realized i posted the same pic twice, edited it to show the other one. It is really pink and is forming from under the skin.

4. RogueAgent94

How rapidly has it been growing?

If it is a slow grower then probably a tumor. A fast grower means (most likely) a cyst. Neither is good at all. I don't know how to treat them. Cup bettas often get these sorts of things when they get older. I don't know why but it always seems to happen to them. I think it has to do with the inbreeding and such. Sorry I can't be of more help :(.

5. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Im kinda thinking tumor myself unfortunately. See, this has been going on for a few weeks now(possibly longer) and normally a cyst will surface or blister after just a week or 2.

6. RogueAgent94

Yeah, if it has been around that long then it is probably a tumor. Unfortunately I don't know of any cures or treatments for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice