lump on my betta fish's dorsal fin

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by budgiemouse, Aug 10, 2014.

1. b

budgiemouse New Member Member

I have had my fighter for over a year and a half now and otherwise he seems perfectly healthy (swimming around, no clamped fins, eating normally). A few months ago I noticed a slight pale discoloration right at the front of his dorsal fin, where it attaches to his body. Since then it has slowly grown into as round, white lump about 3-4mm big. Last week I could see some red veins (or what I thought were veins), but since then he has scraped some of the white flesh off and it's quite red underneath. There is a post on here from 2011 that sounds exactly the same, but it wasn't answered.

He lives in a 20L tank with fake and real plants, water changed every week, Indian almond leaf added, all parameters perfect when checked two weeks ago. Salt added at 1tsp per 4 litres. Eating hikari pellets and another brand I can't remember, plus some frozen community food every now and then.

It's probably just a tumour, but if anyone has an idea I'd appreciate to know for sure.

2. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

A picture would be necessary to determine if it's a tumor (it probably is).

3. OP
    OP
    b

4. OP
    OP
    b

Sorry I didn't realise the picture was side-ways :p

5. OP
    OP
    b

Any ideas anyone? Should I add more salt or some stress coat or anything?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice